Our newly elected ECO Warriors reviewed our school ECO Code and updated it. They shared their very catchy rap at Gathering, which we enjoyed. The posters will be displayed in each class and around the school.
Our Eco Warriors
|ECO WARRIORS||SESSION 2017-18|
At our first meeting we also reviewed our litter policy and monitored the litter in the playground with Primary 1.
The Primary 3 ECO Litter Monitors designed an new poster to monitor the litter in the playground. It is monitored by Primary 3 in the Litter Pick Rota and supported by the ECO Warriors.
Here it is below. Look out for it on the ECO notice board. Are we on green?
Our Action Plan detailing our Green Flag Journey has been reviewed and updated with the ECO Warriors, Mrs Borrowman and Miss McIlwain. There is a link below to the Action Plan and the Green Flag Journey 2015-17.
We are currently completing our Environmental Review for 2017-19
ECO Warriors session 2016-17
A Teaspoon of change
Our posters around the school.
Updated after consultation with all pupils
As an Eco School we:
- Turn off lights, sockets and electrics when not in use
- Put all our rubbish in the bin and follow a class litter rota to ensure we all play our part in keeping our school litter free
- Reduce, re-use and recycle our waste in our classrooms and lunch hall
- Try hard to eat all our food to reduce our food waste
- Reduce water usage by turning off taps
- Are conscious of paper use and use both sides of the paper
- Make use of scrap paper and recycle all our scraps via recycling bins
- Care about improving our playground and making it safe, clean and pleasant on the eye
- Learn about how our actions can impact the environment through our school work
- Consider sustainability in all we do
Community Teams and ECO Warriors
We work together to meet the steps identified in our Action Plan.
Bruntsfield Primary School’s whole school approach to learning, through the Eco-schools programme, Sustainable Development and Citizenship Education
Overall aim: Green flag status (Achieved in October 2015)
The PowerPoint below is an overview of our Green Flag Journey.
Learning through Community Teams:
- Enhances all pupils’ knowledge and understanding of key local and global contexts relating to the environment, sustainability and citizenship
- Provides a platform for all pupils to contribute positively to the school, local community and wider world
Enables pupils to work positively and co-cooperatively with their peers across the school to develop their skills in being a successful learner, confident individual, effective contributor and responsible citizen
We think it is everyone’s responsibility to help keep the environment and our school litter free. Looking after our environment protects wildlife and keeps our community clean and safe for everyone to enjoy.
- Put all rubbish in a bin
- Ask people to put litter in a bin if we see them drop it
- Recycle our rubbish or waste where possible
- Don’t waste things or take too much
- Take responsibility for our own litter
- Tell an adult if we see littering happen
- Take pride in our playground looking clean, tidy and litter free
Here are some of our posters.