What is Rights Respecting Schools?
Bruntsfield Primary School is a Rights Respecting School and currently holds the Silver: Rights Aware Award. The Silver: Rights Aware Award is the second stage of the Rights Respecting Schools programme. Silver level charts Bruntsfield’s progress through 3 Strands:
- Teaching and Learning about rights – through training, curriculum, assemblies
- Teaching and learning through rights – by modelling rights respecting language and attitudes
- Being ambassadors for the rights of others – developing as rights respecting citizens
We will now continue our journey towards Gold: Rights Respecting. This is granted by UNICEF UK to schools that have fully embedded children’s rights throughout the school, in its policies, practice and ethos.
Further information on the Award and the UNCRC is available at –
What do the Rights Respecters do?
- Promote children’s rights across the school
- Create and follow a plan to achieve the Rights Respecting Schools Award
- Lead gatherings and assemblies which have a focus on children’s rights
- Monitor the progress of promoting children’s rights
- Share the links between our Rights Respecting work, our Building Resilience programme, our ECO team’s focus and our Pupil Voice Committees work in developing Global Goals.
International School Meals Day recipe competition