All pupils are encouraged to take on leadership roles within the school. Some of the leadership roles for older pupils are:
- PALs (Playground Activity Leaders)
- Peer Mediators
- Junior Road Safety Officers
Peer Mediators are responsible pupils who help resolve disputes and problems in the playground. Playground Activity Leaders organise games and activities.
At Bruntsfield, our pupils’ voice is important to us. Each year committees are elected by the children to be resprentatives for the:
- Pupil Council
- Health and Wellbeing Council (including Eco work)
- House Captains
BRUNTSFIELD PUPIL COUNCIL
Who are the Pupil Council?
The Pupil Council Committee consists of one representative from each P3-P7 class.
What is the Pupil Council?
The role of the Pupil Council is to communicate to the Depute Head Teacher any issues of pupil concern, to make suggestions of how to improve the school and have a voice in improving opportunities for learning and teaching.
Aims of the Pupil Council
- to help establish a vision for the school
- to give pupils a voice in the school
- to make the school a better place for the pupils
- set up a display board to help keep pupils informed of the work of the Council
- to communicate ideas, decisions and news to the everyone through gatherings, minutes of meetings and newsletters
- to help in supporting pupils in becoming responsible citizens
On the display board you will find our present campaigns and information about all our members. We will also post minutes of our meetings. If there is anything that you think should go on the website or the pupil council should focus on please let one of the members know.
Please note: P1 and P2 Buddies will join the Pupil Council at meetings.
Pupil Council Representatives 2020-21
Chair Ms Dobie Depute Head Teacher
|Class||Pupil Council Reps||Deputes|
|P3A||Reps are tbc for this year|