Dear Parents and Carers,
- I had the privilege to talk with Bruce Adamson, The Children’s Commissioner for Scotland, about Children’s Rights with a small group of Headteachers last night. I am pleased to say we shall submit our evidence for Level 1 of our Rights Respecting Schools Award before the summer holidays.
- Sports Day is on Wednesday 23 May, details will follow from individual classes.
- We have found chewing gum in some interesting places – please help us by reinforcing the need to dispose of it sensibly and keeping for the weekend.
- Consultation on a proposal to build a new non-denominational Special School in Burdiehouse area to replace St Crispin’s will run until 5pm on Tuesday 19 June 2018. Further information and the full statutory consultation paper and an online questionnaire are available at edinburgh.gov.uk/newstcrispins. Paper copies are available at Central library, Captains Road Library, Newington Library and at the schools affected by the proposals. A public meeting will be held on 22 May 2018 at St Crispin’s School, Watertoun Road, Edinburgh at 6:30pm if you would like to go along.
- I received a lovely email from Isabel Ogilvie, an Australian author who was delighted to see our children had dressed up as one of her characters from her novel on our website. She said, “Drepe, the Dark Lord of the Frozen Northlands is even more frightening in reality than I ever imagined him on the page. Australia is a long way from Scotland. I love that my story has spread so far from my little town in Melbourne. Please send my best wishes to Drepe’s alter ego. He looks amazing.” How wonderful!
As always, if you need my help in any way, please pop in.