Dear Parents and Carers,
School Updates :-
- Sharing the Learning: P7 classes have entertained us all with their performance of ‘Jubilee Jamboree’. This is the first performance we have been able to invite parents and carers to see and I am very, very pleased Curriculum for Excellence Showcase Events are now back ‘live and in school’.
Well done to all the P7 children and staff, a great performance!
- Swimming Pool: It seems as though the repair is not quite as straightforward as first thought. To avoid the children missing any more lessons, we have secured the use of Sciennes Primary swimming pool until the repairs at Bruntsfield have been completed. Details are being finalised and the classes who have swimming will be informed.
General Information :-
- School Travel Plan Review: Over the next 24 months the Road Safety Team will be carrying out a School Travel Plan Review across all schools in the city. The aim of the review is to develop a 5-year action plan with staff, parents and children at each of the schools to make the surrounding routes and streets safer and to encourage more active travel to school. Schools with temporary Spaces for People measures are being prioritised. The first surveys have already been carried out and analysis is underway. This process will enable conversations on what the school and parents would like to see installed on a permanent basis to improve the routes for travelling to school sustainably. Information on the programme and progress updates can be found on the Streets Ahead website.
- Equalities: The CEC Equalities Team send information each month to all staff in school. This gives a monthly list of key events and links to great teaching and learning resources for staff to discuss and use with their classes. The CEC schools are also working together to collate all the work they are doing, with the view to sharing practice across the City. I am very pleased to see so many classes using our children’s books as a focus for discussion and debate. Ms Dobie is working with the Pupil Equalities Team on a display for us all to enjoy.
- Resources for Parents and Carers: The Early Intervention team at Child and Adult Mental Health (CAMHs) have added two new Anxiety Resources and workshops to help parents support their child or teenager, the new leaflet is attached.
You may also find all the resources on the CAMHS NHS Lothian website at Online Resources (nhslothian.scot)
The new resources includeA relaxation booklet for children and a Self Help Guide for parents on supporting their child with anxiety
- Part 1 : Understanding and Talking about worries
- Part 2 : Anxiety Traps
- Part 3 : Overcoming Anxiety
- Part 4 : Looking After Yourself and Further information
- Scottish Government Consultation on School Uniforms in Scotland: The Scottish Government has launched a consultation to seek views on school uniform in Scotland. The consultation runs from 19 May 2022 until 14 October 2022. The consultation is available from their Citizen Space website through the following link: School uniforms in Scotland – Scottish Government – Citizen Space (consult.gov.scot), which includes information on the consultation and how to respond, or you may contact them at: Scottish Government, Support and Wellbeing Unit, Learning Directorate, Area 2-B North, Victoria Quay, Edinburgh. EH6 6QQ.
- Parent Led Club: a former Club Tutor, Ross Crook, has asked I share this information with you:
- I used to run Bruntsfield Primary Bike Club before lockdown and I have spaces in my Summer Bike Camps. Learn road safety and bike tricks and enjoy all day adventures. Please see the link for more details. http://blackfordsaferoutes.co.uk/bike-camp
As always, if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know via email@example.com
Have a lovely weekend,