Dear Parents and Carers,
School Updates: –
· Sports Day: Everyone really enjoyed having Sports Day in the Links again, it was great to see all the children, staff and families enjoying themselves. Special thanks to Emma McLachlan and Ingrid Ramsay who organised it for everyone. I think we all agree, they did a great job planning and leading it. Thank you everyone!
· Golden Book Nominations: This is an annual award given to a current pupil or pupils of Bruntsfield Primary School to recognise significant achievement, either as an individual or a group. Nominations may be from pupils, parents, teachers and the community/external bodies. This Book is held in the school cabinet and displayed open at the current page. A medal and certificate will be presented and retained by the recipient/s to acknowledge the achievement. Please find attached more details and a nomination form. If you would like to nominate a child, group or class, please return the nomination form, for my attention, to the school office by 31 May 2022 email@example.com.
· Competition Winners: Isla in P6C, was highly commended for her space logo design. Her illustration is going to go into space which will be absolutely amazing! Well done Isla.
General Information: –
· Parent Council Meeting: thank you for all who attended the meeting last night, the final meeting is on Wednesday 15 June 2022. Minutes of the meeting will be posted on the Parent Council Website.
· Swimming Pool: there was a leak in the plant room, which the engineer quickly identified and it should be repaired this week. Apologies if your child has missed lessons, I have discussed this with the swimming teacher to see if we can find any capacity for additional lessons next session. She will let you know in the new session if this is possible.
· Improvement Plan: Each year the City of Edinburgh Council share their strategic vision with us, and we use this knowledge to help us plan our Cluster Improvement Plans. Our Improvement Plan, along with our Standard and Quality Report, will be shared with your when we have finalised the details, but will include the following:
o Learning, teaching and assessment: developing teaching skills in line with Edinburgh Learns Teachers Charter; Empowered Learning- this is developing the use of ICT in learning and teaching with new resources. iPad will be provided for all P6 and P7 children plus one iPad for every 5 children in each of the P1-P5 classes, in addition to our own school purchased iPad that we already have. The new devices will be with us by December 2022; we shall continue to develop and implement the P5-P7 World of Work programme; Outdoor Learning and ongoing work to develop writing and Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) all with a focus on helping to raise attainment in Literacy and Numeracy.
o Equalities: we shallcontinue to develop knowledge of an inclusive, diverse and decolonised curriculum; evaluate the impact of anti-bullying strategies, from the training we had in January 2021; continue to personalise support and improve outcomes for children in receipt of Pupil Equity Funding or who are, or have been, care experienced and continue to explore and implement Children’s Rights. The Cluster Transition Teacher will work with Cluster Schools and together, they will update our Support for Learning/ Additional Support Needs Policy to ensure consistency across our learning community.It all sounds very exciting!
· Please see attached flyer for George Watsons College Summer Camp which has availability for Week 1 for children aged 5-12 years.
As always, if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org