Dear Parents and Carers,
- World Book Day on 3rd March 2022: children are welcome to dress up as a book character or as an ‘adjective’ on World Book Day. Teachers will be celebrating in different ways with their individual classes, our House Captains have some ideas they are going to share too! Exciting times ahead.
- School Lunches: food orders are placed for fresh produce on a weekly basis. It is essential we know the numbers in advance. Please remember to order your lunches via Parent Pay by each Wednesday of the week before. You may also order for the term or the year if this is of help to you. This week we have had over 100 children each day who did not have a lunch ordered and this makes it very difficult for our kitchen staff. I know this is hard during a holiday week, so please have a look at ordering a few weeks at a time, it may help.
- Arriving on Time:please do all you can to help the children arrive on time. On Tuesday, 591 were on time and 34 were late. On Wednesday 595 were on time and 30 were late. If there is anything we can do to help, or if there are circumstances we should be aware of, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org. I don’t think the winter weather has helped, hopefully, we shall see sunshine soon.
- Managing Anxiety: We appreciate the last two years have been challenging for everyone. Information on resources for parents and carers on managing anxiety has been emailed to you. If you find anything which is really good, please share.
- Covid Recovery: There will be changes in C19 restrictions as we move towards the summer term. As the advice comes to us from the City of Edinburgh Council, we shall plan with our School Health and Safety Team, update our Risk Assessments and let you know the changes. At the moment we are asked to continue to wear face coverings when adults cannot maintain social distancing, or have underlying health conditions, keep windows open and enhanced cleaning in place. Hand washing is a good life skill, which we shall continue. I know some families and staff will be very pleased to see the end of all the restrictions, others may be more cautious. We appreciate this will all depend on personal circumstances and we are here to do all we can to help you too.
- Transition to Boroughmuir High School: I had a Cluster Head Teacher Meeting this morning and I am very pleased to say, the children will have their 3 day visit to High School in person. On Tuesday 14 June, the children will all go to Meggetland for a Cluster Sports Day, and on Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 June, the children will follow their S1 timetable. Information will be shared with you as soon as the details are finalised, but this is good news.
- Sharing the Learning: P5 class have displayed some of their artwork beautifully outside their classrooms. Pop art reflecting Scots Words, tartan paintings and fractions have never looked so good! Well done P5!
As always, if there is anything I, or a member of our Team can do to help, please let me know via email@example.com