Dear Parents and Carers,
- Transition Activities: The City of Edinburgh Council have informed us, transition activities from Nursery to P1 and from P7 to High School are virtual this session. I know everyone would like to visit their new school, but no one wants the children to have to isolate at the end of term. There will, as always, be an enhanced transition programme for a few children, this is always is in addition to our main programme. The P7 teachers will share lots of information, videos and ‘virtual tours’ with their classes and make sure the children know as much about High School as possible. The staff will also link in with their classes on Teams.
- P1 next session: We shall have similar numbers to this year’s P1, with two classes of 25 pupils, plus a larger team teaching class with two teachers. We are currently liaising with all the nurseries our children transition from.
- End of Session Activities: the information we have, at the moment, is asking for the children to remain in class bubbles until the end of term. If this changes, I shall let you know.
- Youth Music: we welcome the Youth Music instructors back to school. The P1 -P3 classes worked with them before lockdown and the P4 will have this opportunity this term.
- Swimming: it is reallygood to have swimming back in school. Definitely take the time to check swim suits fit before next session, the children all seem to be growing very quickly!
- Sharing the Learning: I really enjoyed seeing all the P1 and P2 classes enjoying all their learning. Everyone was focused, well behaved and talked confidently about their learning and the work displayed on the class learning walls.
- Junior Dukes: all the children who are working on this are doing really well, lots of walks and new hobbies are being shared in their booklets.
- The Cygnet Parenting Programme is run for parents and carers if children with ASD (5-18years). These groups are currently running online and applications are welcome. For more information contact email@example.com
- Child and Mental Health Services (CAMHS) have shared this information page https://www.camhs-resources.co.uk/downloads?fbclid=IwAR3ogMRI95pl9Zx_vJwy6YV4VWA4pEbn-vghUDRQ2c3nMPbqQqmaBquIvRM
- Covid-19 Update: Thank you to everyone who is going for C19 tests quickly. It is very much appreciated.
As always, if there is anything I, or a member of our team, can do to help, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruntsfield Primary School
0131 229 1821