Dear Parents and Carers,
- Pupil Voice Committee: One of the Pupil Voice Committee Teams is leading a Fair Trade Coffee morning for their parents on Friday, I look forward to seeing how they get on organising it – they are all very excited! Other groups will share their learning with you throughout the session.
- Sharing the learning: children in P6 have been learning about skills for work and have prioritised skills in discussion groups. I was very pleased to see ‘Positive Attitude’ was at the top in Lewis’s list – well done!
- Times Educational Supplement Independent – State School Award: the work our schools involved in partnership working with Watson’s and Edinburgh Swire Centre to deliver Mandarin to P5 pupils and High School children was shortlisted for the TSE Award. We missed being outright winners, but are pleased the work was recognised and funding to support teaching Mandarin will continue.
- The Scottish Schools Badminton Union Gibb Memorial Primary Quaich was on Saturday. Bruntsfield won 6 of 7 matches, and 28 of the 35 games. Bruntsfield were runners-up coming 2nd to West End Primary, from Elgin. The children were complimented on their sportsmanship in games and represented the school admirably. Well done to Savannah, Tully, Mathilde, Skye, Joseph, Lucas, Torin and Edy. Thank you to coaches Mike and Richard for getting the team match-ready, and for keeping them going throughout the day.
- World Book Day: 5 March This year’s theme is ‘Share a Million Stories’. The children will share their stories in class and at Assembly on Friday 6 March. If children wish to dress up, they may do so on Friday. The classes will visit our local book shop on Thursday 5 March to exchange vouchers for books, it worked very well last year.
- Parent Helpers: thanks to the parents who helped reorganise all the resources for the Parent Council events. They will be much more accessible in the ground floor cupboard.
- Helpers for the library needed: We still need helpers to finish cataloguing the library books, please contact Mrs Ramsay if you are able to help.
- Coronavirus: There are no confirmed cases in Scotland and schools are updated from the NHS as information changes. For the latest update on the Coronavirus please visit www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus
If there is anything I, or any other staff member can do to help, please let us know.