Dear Parents and Carers,
- We are all very pleased to see so many positives in our HMIe Report. Next steps suggested will guide our ‘Journey to Excellence’ and will be detailed in our Improvement Plan. The report is available at https://education.gov.scot/education-scotland/inspection-reports/reports-page/?id=1791
- Right of the month for March: Article 28 ‘You have the right to a good quality education. You should be encouraged to go to school to the highest level you can.’ Our Rights Respecters have asked classes to take part in British Science week on the 6th-15th The theme for 2020 is ‘Our Diverse Planet’. Look out for the P4 rain collectors in the playground, there are lots of experiments on the go!
- Coronavirus: A team of staff in The City of Edinburgh Council have been meeting regularly to identify and discuss the issues of an outbreak of Coronavirus in Edinburgh. They have a detailed plan in place should the situation escalate. I shall share information with you as it comes to me by email rather than wait for weekly blogs. To help avoid any germs or the viruses spreading, please help us by reinforcing the message to wash hands for an extended period of time. Our children wash their hands a lot, but they don’t do it for as long as we now need to (either 50 seconds or two verses of a song, which ever you prefer). Please remind them not to touch their face and to cover their nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Contacting us: to help ensure we follow procedures correctly, all emails should come into school via the Admin Account. This helps ensure they go to the best person to answer them and allows them to be redirected during staff absence. Please address all emails to firstname.lastname@example.org Staff will reply to you via the admin email.
- Well done to Joey, P5C and Lefteris, P1/2 who took part in the Edinburgh Piano Competition Festival. You are invited to play for us any time.
- Lachlan and Eddie in P6 and Lachlan in P7 represented Bruntsfield at the Lothian Junior Congress Chess Competition. All won three of their six games and received an award for this in the P6/7 category. Lachlan in P7 did especially well, winning the award for Best Performance under a Score of 400 in the P6/7 category. Well done to all three of you!
- Marty the Robot: the team working with our P7 children found a note hidden with Marty646, telling him how much they enjoyed the learning opportunity. How lovely our children are! We shall purchase some of the new models when they are released to ensure the learning on coding robots continues. Thank you to Robert Duncan and his team for sharing this with us.
- Scottish Volleyball Association (SVA) annual S.H.A.P.E. (Schools Holiday Aspire Programme Edinburgh) Beach Volleyball Camp for beginners (P5 -S6) in conjunction with Edinburgh Beach Volleyball Club at Portobello Beach are offering activities on Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th April at Portobello Beach (just outside the Swim Centre) and will run from 10-12 noon on both days. Please contact Lynne Beattie email@example.com for more information.
- Active Schools Easter Holiday Activities: An email has been sent to you with all the information if you would like to book an activity.
- Our next Parent Council Meeting is on Wednesday 18 March at 7pm, I look forward to seeing you then.
If there is anything I, or my team can do for you, please let us know – we are all here to help via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0131 229 1821.