Dear Parents and Carers,
- Great to see so many people having a good time at the Summer Fair on Saturday. My thanks and compliments to all who organised and helped make sure the day was a great success.
- Some of the unsold books are going to children in a school in Guyana. Local charity shops have also benefitted from donations of books, clothes and toys.
- Transition Days to High School are on Tuesday 18, Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 June. Good luck P7, enjoy the days, we shall miss you, but wish you all the very best.
- Next session’s Primary One pupils will visit on Wednesday 19 June at 9.15am to meet their teacher and classmates and spend some time in their new room. This will be followed with a Teddy Bear’s Picnic on Friday 16 August and a meeting with and presentation from the P1 Teachers on Wednesday 21 August.
- Please remind children not to bring glass or other breakable items into school. All water bottles should be plastic and personal belongings in a lidded non-breakable container.
- The Parent Council Events Team need more volunteers for the end-of-year Ceilidh on the 8 June (6:30 at Marchmont St Giles), both on the night and to cook stovies beforehand. Please email Alison at email@example.com if you can help. Tickets for the Ceilidh are on sale from the Parent Council.
- We all try to reuse carrier bags, but if you did buy one with your school uniforms, the Directors of Stevenson’s send the money from them to The Marine Conservation Society for their BeachWatch Events. If you would like to join the Stevensons/Aitken & Niven staff in the events, the next one is on Cramond beach in June. Details at: https://www.mcsuk.org/beachwatch/beach/cramond/event/2019-06-15
- The additional In-service Days in 2019-2020, awarded as part of the teachers’ pay settlement, are: Tuesday 22nd October 2019 and Wednesday 8th January 2020 . All other dates remain the same. The link to the full dates can be found at http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20074/schools/20/term_dates/2. Further information from CEC on this has been emailed to you.
- Certificates of thanks have arrived from Marie Curie, thank you Poppy, P7 for organising and collecting £314.10 from the staff and pupils of Bruntsfield. Tesco’s Bank Art Competition for all the entries and Neinmann-Pick UK for raising £1000. Thank you all for continuing to support charities and competitions.
- Mortonhall Tennis Club are offering a ‘Try tennis for free’ day on Sunday 16 June 2019 at 1pm. I have vouchers which I shall give to classes, If you are interested, please ask your child to ask for one.
If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.