Dear Parents and Carers,
- Sports Day was a great success, some sunshine, lots of fun and laughter along the way and best of all, great sportsmanship. Thank you everyone.
- Your Views: this session we have been working on ‘Developing the Young Workforce’ as part of our Improvement Plan which was shared with you in June 2018. Staff have been discussing skills for learning, life and work with their classes and they have encouraged the children to lead and talk about learning. Over 70 parents and carers shared information on their chosen careers with the children, which was a great response. We would like to know your views to help us plan next steps and I invite you to give feedback to us using the link https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LTNJQ8Z .
- The presentations on the proposals for St Oswald’s were very impressive on Tuesday. By the time I arrived there were lots of suggestions and comments. I added a few of my own: a sensory space for the schools in the area would be good; a cooking area which classes could book and somewhere the elderly and the young can be together to benefit both parties. I look forward to seeing the next steps in this project.
- Lewis, P5C won a Gold Medal in the Judo ‘Min Mon Championships’ on Saturday. Well done Lewis.
- Sharing the Learning: P7 have been working on individual projects this term. They are varied and full of information. I look forward to seeing the finished projects.
- Thanks have been sent on behalf of the Lord Provost to everyone who contributed to the 2050 Edinburgh City Vision project by submitting their visions, our pupils sent in many suggestions. During the consultation period, they received over 21,000 visions along with films, and amazing drawings and paintings, etc. They are overwhelmed with the response rate and pass on their thanks to you and all our children who joined in.
- P7 will be performing their end of year show, The Lion King – Junior Edition on Thursday 13th June. Doors open at 1.30pm for a 1.45pm start. Details and tickets from the P7 teachers. All the children will see the show at the dress rehearsal.
Summer Fair is this Saturday 01 June, 11am – 2pm. Everyone is invited and I look forward to seeing everyone having a great time.