Dear Parents and Carers,
- Staffing Update: Welcome to Ms Fiona Hanson, our new Clerical Assistant who will work alongside Mrs Jane Jenkinson our School Administrator and to Mrs Soha El Hindawi has joined our Pupil Support Assistant Team. Miss Frances Allen is leaving us to resume her studies and we wish her all the very best for the future.
- Right of the Month: January’s Right of the Month is Article 1: All children have rights. The Rights Respecters shared the Right of the Month during last week’s online Assemblies. If you would like to know more about children’s rights, please visit https://www.unicef.org.uk/what-we-do/un-convention-child-rights/
- Sharing the Learning: P6A are writing stories based on learning about the ‘Massacre of Glencoe’, they are writing as either a Red Coat or a MacDonald. P6B are writing their own stories based on Scots Week and are planning to make a book of their own ‘Scots Stories’. P6C have collated their writing from this term into books to share and have agreed to donate them to the School Library. Well done P6 Team!
- All the children are learning their poems for Scots Week and reciting them to their class. A class winner will share their poem for all the children and staff to enjoy. Good luck everyone!
- Bikeability: Bikes belonging to P6 pupils have been checked today, in preparation for Bikeability lessons next week. Thank You Mr Wood for checking them all. It is great to see our children enjoying bringing their bicycles to school and cycling safely.
- Uniform Recycling: If you have any ‘out grown’ uniforms, please send them to school and they will be distributed to other families by our Staff and Parent Team. A Uniform Stall is also planned to be in place around Easter time (details will be posted nearer the time).
- Our uniform supplier, Stevensons, have informed us branches and online operations will be temporarily closed from Saturday 29th January to Wednesday 2nd February, whilst they integrate their new IT systems across the business. They apologise for any inconvenience caused, but will be back up and running shortly. If anyone has any query during this time, please contact their customer service team on 01727 815700.
- Covid 19 Update: We have had our highest number of C19 positive cases this week. We were told of 24 positive pupil cases on Monday, 14 on Tuesday, 4 on Wednesday and 9 so far today. 14 classes have 2 or more cases and 5 classes have 1 positive case. Please continue to test using Lateral Flow Tests and take the time to isolate and recover from the virus. If your child tests positive, please email email@example.com with details of any symptoms and first and last date of isolation along with their full name and class.
- Parent Consultations: we look forward to talking to you next week during Parent Consultations. Interpreters are being organised for families who have request them. If you require an interpreter, and we don’t know about it, please let us know.
- Diary Dates:
- The next Parent Council Meeting is on Wednesday 2 February.
- P1 and P2 Dental checks are on Tuesday 8 February (letters have been sent to P1 and P2 parents and carers).
- School closes on Friday 11 February for the February break and opens for all staff and pupils on Monday 21 February.
As always, if there is anything I, or any of our staff can do to help, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org