Dear Parents and Carers,
- Sharing the Learning: P6A have made collage ‘microbes’ and written about their purpose, whether they are good for you or harmful, very topical P6A! P6C have shared their models of themselves as part of their learning on genetics. The key point being, everyone is unique. PC Amy Fowler talked to each of the P7classes today as part of Transition work to High School. Today’s theme was the impact of bullying (face to face and online) how to identify it and how to report it. Strategies for personal development were discussed and I was really pleased how seriously the children engaged in the learning. This links well with the work the staff were doing to address bullying behaviour and equalities.
- Book Week: Classes will have their own themes for book week for everyone to enjoy. I spent the weekend reading ‘An Improbable Life’ by Trevor McDonald, one of my favourite journalists. It brought back a lot of memories as he talked about key events in history and how he reported on them. The classes also celebrated Book Week Scotland earlier in the session.
- Homework on Teams: Please remember Homework and Class Updates are shared on Teams. We would like to make sure all the children can access and use Teams to help with any eventuality. If you have problems, please contact the class teacher.
- Parent Council Art Auction Dates for your diary:
- 21st May – June 4th: Drop off your artwork at the wonderful, community-minded Project Coffee. Make sure it’s labelled!
- 12th June: Street exhibition on school railings 10-4pm
- 12-18th June: Bid online for your favourite artworks www.jumblebee.co.uk/bruntsfieldartauction2021
- Everyone is welcome to enter and strongly encouraged to submit any kind of artwork!
- The children will have their annual update from NSPCC Schools Service – Speak Out. Stay Safe. This year, due to Covid19 restrictions, the resources will be on line and the teachers will share with the children. An information letter will be sent to you giving further information.
If we can help in any way, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.