Dear Parents and Carers,
- Sharing the Learning: Isobel in P4B has produced a wonderful booklet as part of the class equalities work on anti-bullying and shared this with her class. Well done Isobel. The P6 classes ‘scumbled’ fabulous art work showing the Parliament Buildings. They used marbled pastels to create very soft coloured backgrounds, cut card to dip in paint and print -they do look good! Bringing the outdoors in has been a theme for P6C and the class has a lovely display of plants which they are continuing to nurture. They are taking cuttings and monitoring the growth progress of the bulbs they have planted. I am looking forward to some still life paintings of this display too!
- All the classes have worked really well this week and the teachers were very pleased to talk to you at Parent Consultations. The last one is this evening. If, for any reason you missed your appointment, please contact the class teacher to reschedule.
- May’s Building Resilience Theme is ‘Get Active’. Perfect for this time of the year as we work towards Sports Day and enjoy the warmer weather. Information on Sports’ Day will be shared nearer the time. It may be ‘virtual’ as last year, or in individual classes and sharing results.
- Nominations are open for our ‘Golden Book’ award. This award is presented to any child, or group of children, to recognise significant achievement, please see the attachment for details. If you have any suggestions, please complete the Nomination Form and forward to me.
- Swimming: swimming will start on the 5 May for Bruntsfield Primary School children in P4, P5 and P6. Letters have gone to each family in these classes. Once Covid-19 restrictions are relaxed, other schools will also be invited to swimming lessons.
- Sun Creams: if the weather is hot, please remember sunscreen for the children, we shall continue to do as much learning outdoors as possible.
- Covid-19 Update: we have been told Covid Measures are likely to continue for some time before we can be confident to ease. We have been asked to remain cautious. If you have any symptoms at all, please have a test to check. Thank you to the families who have done this so far, it has helped a lot!
- We work in partnership with Public Health Scotland, NHS 24 and the Health Boards to provide key COVID-19 guidance in multiple languages and formats. They were very pleased to see the links to documents in other languages in my blog. They have also shared the following links which provide information in multiple languages and also accessible formats, including British Sign Language, Easy Read and Audio MP3 formats. This information is updated regularly, so you can signpost here knowing this will be updated by the NHS alongside guidance.
- NHS Inform COVID-19 Information: Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Scotland | NHS inform
- FACTS Posters: Coronavirus (COVID-19): FACTS poster including translations and accessible formats – gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
- Self-Isolation Fact Sheet: Coronavirus (COVID-19): self-isolation factsheet – gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information on NHS Inform by language and additional format: Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine translations | The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine (nhsinform.scot)
- Tuesday 4 May is an inservice day. The staff and I shall be working on the new Scottish ‘Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood’ (RSHP) programme along with our Cluster colleagues, ready to start in August 2021. Information will be shared with you later this term. In the afternoon, we shall focus on Equalities and in particular, our Policies on Equality, Positive Behaviour and Anti-Bullying.
Monday 3 May is a national holiday, take the time to relax and have fun!
Bruntsfield Primary School
0131 229 1821