Dear Parents and Carers,
- P1 Enrolment for catchment places for 2021-2022: From the 2nd to the 13th of November, parents and carers are invited to apply online for a P1 place in their catchment school at https://orb.edinburgh.gov.uk/schools-lifelong-learning/primary-1-secondary-1-places. Out of catchment places are by application directly from the City of Edinburgh Council.
- P7 Transition to High School: your P7 child will automatically be given a place in your local catchment school and you will be informed you have a place later in the session. Out of catchment places are by application directly from the City of Edinburgh Council.
- Covid-19 Update: We were very pleased to reach the October Holiday without a positive case in School. To help us ensure our school and community is as safe as possible, please continue to follow all the Scottish Government Guidelines at all times. If you, or another member of the household, is waiting for the results of a C19 test, please do not send your children into school until it comes back negative. That way, we minimise the risk of a whole class going into self-isolation for 14 days. I really appreciate your help in this during these extremely challenging times and the effort everyone is making to keep our classes and school open.
- Parent Consultations: Remember to book your appointment for the Parent Consultations, which will be form Monday 9 to Thursday 12 November. Please be mindful of the 10 minute ‘window’ for your phone call to ensure the appointments run on time for everyone.
- National Hate Crime Week: We are raising awareness of hate crimes which have a devastating effect on both victims and their families. Teachers will be discussing this with classes. Officers from Edinburgh’s Police will be in various locations throughout the week to give advice. Full information will be available and updated throughout the week on:
Facebook: Edinburgh Police Division
- Halloween: If the children wish to dress up for Halloween, they are welcome to do so on Friday 30 October, or the date agreed with their class teacher. I suspect some spooky ghost stories will be shared!
- Remembrance Day: Classes are making Poppies ready for display on the 11 November. We shall also sell poppies in school if you would like one.
- Winter and Christmas Jumpers: If you would like to join in and bring a little fun into December, your children are invited to wear a Winter or Christmas Jumper on Friday 11 December.
If there is anything I, or another member of our Team can do to help, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org