Dear Parents and Carers,
- Sharing the Learning: The transition science lectures at Boroughmuir High School were very interesting and have certainly given the children a taste of what is to come. It was very special to see them all with their cluster peers. Our children were able to answer the questions well and asked good questions. The Community Nursery Nativity allowed us to see how the children are preparing for coming into P1. Exciting times ahead!
- Results from gathering your views on dates for Parent Consultation Meetings for next session: We had 56 people respond. 8 people selected two preferred options, giving a total of 64 results. Results were: 4 would like the 3rd and 5th of September 2019; 22 would like 24th and 24th September and 38 would like 1st and 3rd of October 2019. The teachers are flexible, but prefer the later date too. We shall plan for the 1st and 3rd of October 2019. Thank you for taking part.
- P7 Girls brought back a beautiful Silver Trophy and Gold Medals from the Edinburgh Primary Schools Winter Netball Tournament on Monday.
- There is still time to take part in the survey on school meals. If you would like to share your views before the 14th of December please do so at http://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/foodsch
- The First Minister’s Primary 6 Maths challenge has been emailed to P6 parents and carers. Solutions will be published at blogs.gov.scot/making-maths-count on 4 January 2019. Parentzone Scotland at www.education.gov.scot/parentzone and Parent Club www.parentclub.scot/ have more ideas for numeracy and maths.
- The P1 Nativity is on Wednesday 19 December, at Barclay Viewforth Church. Donations will go to Edinburgh Children’s Hospital Charity. Details from your class teachers.
- School closes on Friday 21 December at 12 noon. Please make sure your children know how they are going home and where to go at the end of the day. Please remember there are no after school care clubs or Kidzcare on the last day.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please talk to the class teacher, one of the Depute Head Teachers or myself. We are all here to help,