Dear Parents and Carers,
- Golden Book: This Year’s Golden Book winner was Cora Stubbs in P7A.
Cora was nominated because…
- she has worked very hard across her Primary 7 year.
- She has learned and demonstrated the range of life skills she has learned and has supported others with these too.
- Cora has shown resilience when working with a range of adults across her P7 year, continuing to progress with the skills she has learned across the year.
- Cora has been a very sociable and inclusive member of the class. She used these skills combined with her wonderful singing talent to entertain us in the P7 show.
Children who have supported Cora not just this year, but over the last few years were also nominated for
- their kindness, care, consideration and friendship
- ensuring a child who requires a little extra support feel fully included in the class.
Runner up Medals were also given to Edgar Lithgow, Logan Curry, Lula McGlinchey and Megan Milne.
Awards were presented at Assembly on Friday to everyone’s delight.
Thanks also go to all the children who organised events to fund raise for local charities, the NHS and Ukraine.
- End of Session Reports: Paper copies will be sent home with your child on Friday 24 June.
- Teachers for 2022-2023: Information on the teacher your child will have next session will be emailed to you on Friday 24 June.
- Summer Staffing Changes: as you know, I am retiring after 15 years at Bruntsfield, to care for my mother. I have loved my job at as Head Teacher and will miss everyone very much indeed. Bruntsfield is a very special community and I thank you all for supporting our school.
Mr Jamie Clark is also leaving us, he is moving to Ireland with his family (Mr Clarke is currently on paternity leave, following the birth of his beautiful little boy). Miss Eleanor Humphries has completed her probationary year, Miss India MacPherson has secured a post at Dalry Primary School and Mrs Mairi Caldwell, PSA, has completed her contract with us. I wish them all, all the very best of luck in their new schools and for the future.
- New Starts in August: Mr Stephen Gilhooley will take over my post and has visited our school, met the staff, some of the classes and joined our P1 Welcome Meeting. He is looking forward to working with you and your children and will be in touch soon. Miss Mairi Wyatt and Miss Clare Stibbard will also join our team of teaching staff. As always, you will be updated of any future staffing changes as they occur.
- Children’s Belongings: Bikes, Scooters, Clothes, PE Kit and Lunch Boxes: Please make sure you have collected all your children’s bikes and scooters from the bike shed before the end of term and all other belongings from your child’s classroom, clubs or lost property box in school.
- Holiday Activity: The Easter Bush Science Outreach Centre has opened its doors to school pupils from across Scotland to enjoy some of its workshops. If this is something which interests you, further details are available at @EBSOClab
Parent Council Dates for 2022-2023
· Wednesday 24 August 2022
· Tuesday 27 September 2022 (AGM)
· Wednesday 16 November 2022
· Tuesday 7 February 2023
· Wednesday 29 March 2023
· Tuesday 16 May 2023
· Wednesday 14 June 2023
End of Term
- School closes for the session on Friday 1 July at the usual time:
- 11.50am for P6 and P7
- 11.55am for P1 and P2*
- 12.05PM for P3, P4 and P5
- *P1 and P2: please collect your children from the door at bike shed end of the playground as the P7s may still be coming out the main entrance. An email has been forwarded to you explaining this.
- Please remember, Kidzcare do not run their after school club on the last day.
Start of 2022-2023 Session:
- Schools open again for Pupils on Wednesday 17 August, starting times and finishing times are on our Website. (Monday 15 and Tuesday 16 are Inservice Days for staff.)