Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope you all had a lovely long weekend.
- School Excursions: how wonderful to see the classes going out on trips again. The P5s had a wonderful time at Bannockburn, photos are on their class Teams page, thank you for sharing with me, I can see what fun you had! Our P7s are at Lagganlia, all doing well, I do like seeing them all come back safe and well!
- New P1 Classes for 2022-2023: We are looking forward to welcoming our new P1 children and families to school on Wednesday 15 June.
- P7 Transition to High School: P7 will visit Boroughmuir High School on Tuesday 14, Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 June (dates and times have been shared if children are going to other schools).
- Rights Respecting Schools Award: we have submitted our application for the Gold award and the children and staff will share the work they have done on Wednesday. We look forward to their feedback and advice on next steps for next session.
- Racism: we do not tolerate any racist incidents of any sort at Bruntsfield Primary School. Racism has been discussed with the children in their classes and this message will be shared at Assembly on Friday. Please reassure your children, if they experience racism of any sort, to let their teacher, or another member of staff know.
- Ms Dobie and I met with the ‘A+Plus Parent Group’ to discuss suggestions for next session. I am pleased a lot of the groups suggestions are in line with the City of Edinburgh Council’s Equalities Team’s Plan for an Inclusive, Diverse and Decolonised Curriculum. The Group aslo had some suggestions for topics, which we shall share with the teachers. Class teachers will share their topics for next session with you (usually in September). If you have any suggestions to help ensure we achieve the above, please, do contact them.
- End of Session Pupil Reports: These will be shared on Teams on Friday 24 June. I shall also email you the class teachers for next session on the same day.
- School Improvement Plan for 2022-2023: This will be sharednext week, along with the Standard and Quality Report for 2021-2022.
- Polish Saturday School in Edinburgh, have asked us to share, they are currently enrolling children for the next school year 2022/20223. If you have a Polish background and are interested, further information is available at: https://www.polskaszkolaspk.co.uk/ or facebook.com/polskaszkolaspk
- Tennis at the Meadows: If you would like to take part, information and Booking Link for the Meadows and Craiglockhart Tennis Centre is at https://edinburghleisure.bookinglive.com/home/holiday-tennis-coaching They said. “We have been so fortunate over the years to have so many wonderful young people from Schools to come and play tennis with us at the Meadows…” Everyone is welcome, so do go and enjoy!
- Parent Council Playground Event: if you are able to come along on Saturday 11 June, between 1pm and 4pm, please do. Everyone is welcome to join in and have fun!
As always, if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know via email@example.com