Dear Parents and Carers,
- Welcome to Mrs Mel McComb, our new Pupil Support Assistant who is supporting in P7A.
- Parenting across Scotland held a webinar on the United Nations Convention Rights of the Child (UNCRC). Further information is available at The UNCRC: What does it mean for families? (parentingacrossscotland.org)
- Fire Drill: we had a fire drill for all the children and staff today. My compliments to the children, they were very sensible exiting the school and lined up very well indeed.
- Active Schools are starting a Hockey Club for P6 and P7 pupils on Thursday afternoons from 4.00pm to 5.00pm on the Astro pitch at Meggetland Sports Complex from Thursday 25th November to Thursday 16th December. Details on how to join have been emailed to P6 and P7 parents and carers.
- The City of Edinburgh Council have a new Award: the Saroj Lal Award. This is for young people and schools who are challenging all forms of inequality through creativity. Details to follow.
- The City of Edinburgh Council are also looking at Edinburgh’s Slavery and Colonialism Legacy Review. P5-S6 pupils will be invited to participate in a public consultation on ways to make the City a fair and welcoming place for everyone. If you would like to be involved, please visit their site before 19 January 2022 www.edinburgh.gov.uk/slaverycoloniasm
- ‘One Kind Word’ has been chosen as the theme for Anti-Bullying Week, 15-19 November, and links well with World Kindness Day on the 13 November. You may know the poem…
One Kind Word
- Ask if someone is OK. Say you are sorry. Just say hey.
- In a world that can sometimes feel like it is filled with negativity, one kind word can provide a moment of hope. It can be a turning point. It can change someone’s perspective. It can change their day. It can change the course of a conversation and break the cycle of bullying.
- Best of all, one kind word leads to another. Kindness fuels kindness. So from the playground to parliament, and from our phones to our homes, together, our actions can fire a chain reaction that powers positivity.
- It starts with one kind word. It starts today.
As always, if there is anything we can do to help, please contact us via email@example.com