Dear Parents and Carers,
- This is the last blog in which has been a most remarkable year! When I think of all the things we have worked through, overcome and achieved together, it is truly amazing. Some of the skills we have learned, we shall continue to use to benefit all and the little things we took for granted, will be very special when restrictions are fully lifted.
- We have achieved the ‘Digital Schools Award’. The assessor said it was a pleasure to talk to such a variety of stakeholders from the school and described the experience as ‘really positive’. She also spoke glowingly about the ability of the pupils to articulate the learning they have undertaken through digital learning this school year. Our School ICT Team will continue to lead digital learning next year and have some plans for our next steps! Well done everyone!
- Goodbye Primary 7: I wish all the P7 children all the very best of luck at High School. All we ask is you say ‘hello’ when you see us. We love hearing how you are getting on and will always be here for you, should you ever need us. Your Year Book is wonderful, almost all the ‘Hoodies, bags and T-Shirts’ have been signed and we are treasuring the last few days we have with you. Keep our vision with you P7s ‘be the best you can be’. Good Luck in all you do.
- Goodbye to all the children in P1-P6 who are leaving us for pastures new too. We wish you all the very best in your new schools and hope you too, keep in touch!
- Thank you to our amazing Primary One classes. They have settled in so well, made the most of every moment in school and have achieved lots. Our new P1s for next session will be following in your footsteps soon.
- Wedding Bells: Congratulations to our School Administrator, Ms Samaira Zuber, who married earlier this term and best of luck to Mr Thomas Kane who is getting married in the summer and to Miss Amy McIlwain who is also getting married, she will become Mrs Amy McFarlane.
- Good luck and Goodbye to Miss Amy Thomson and Miss Abby Malone, who are starting Teacher Training having enjoyed their time as pupil support assistants in school. Miss Laura Cadosh is moving into nursery education and Miss Robyn Broome and Miss Slavka Hezelgova are moving on to pastures new and travelling. We wish them all the very best and good luck in all they do.
- Keep in Touch: Mr Chris McGarvey and Miss Rachel Murchison, our probationers this session have really enjoyed their first year in school. We wish them all the very best in their careers and they are always welcome to come back and join us at any time.
- New Staff: We shall welcome our new staff and staff returning from maternity leave at the start of next session, recruitment and all the associated paperwork is almost complete.
- End of Session: This week, teachers will introduce the children to their new Teacher and show them where they will line up in the mornings. If the children forget on the first day back, please don’t worry, we shall all be there to help.
- Teams: Class Teams will close over the summer period and will reopen at the start of the session.
- End of Session Reports: if you have not done so, please see your child’s End of Session Report on their Teams Page.
School Reopens for All Children on Wednesday 18 August 2021.
- Starting and Finishing times remain as they are for P1-P7 and are on the website.
- Safe Spaces for People will still be in place. It has worked well for everyone this session and the children have appreciated the extra space around the lines, and we thank our neighbours for supporting this.
- Please remember to order your choice of lunch via Parent Pay (P1-P4 children all have free school meals from August if they wish). P5-P7 children have the choice of school lunch or a packed lunch from home if you prefer.
- In August, the teachers will let you know when the children have PE, homework etc. and The Curriculum Overview for the term. The First Parent Consultations will be in October. As always, if there is anything you need at the start of term, please contact us via email@example.com.
- At the moment, we are asked to keep classes in Bubbles. The playground zones have worked well and all the safety measures we have in place will be checked and ready for the children to start.
Have a lovely summer everyone.
Look after yourselves and each other.
We shall catch up with all your news in the new session.