Dear Parents and Carers,
· Sharing the Learning: Anna, Finlay and Teddy in P6C set up an experiment with a single flower before the Easter Holidays. They put it into a bottle of water and left it to see what happens. The plant has grown roots, more flowers and leaves and looks a lot ‘happier’. They will continue to monitor its growth. Alex in P7C kept busy during the holidays making a model of a German Tank with his Dad, it is absolutely amazing! Well done Alex. P2C shared their learning on Martyn Luther King with me today and are designing pictures to share his message on Equality.
· Right of the Month (Article 2): All children have Rights no matter what. All children should be treated equally. This Right was shared with staff and pupils at Assemblies before the holidays. This also links to the equalities theme of disability.
· Equalities: this term we are focusing on disability.
o National Deaf Children’s Society: I have been informed by NHS Lothian’s pediatric audiology service that they would like to see any child where there is a concern about an undiagnosed hearing loss. Their helpline is 0808 800 8880 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, latest information is posted on their website at www.ndcs.org.uk/lothian. If you prefer, you may talk to the class teacher or your family doctor who will be able to help.
o The Parent Council ‘A+ Group’s’ minutes were posted on the Parent Council website just before the Easter break. Race Equality & Anti-Racism Update – Bruntsfield Primary Parents Community.
· Consultation on P6 and P7 Start and Finishing Times: This information is collated and we shall share the findings and proposal next week.
· Please remember, Monday 2nd May is a holiday for everyone and Tuesday 3rd May is an In-service Day. School reopens for children on Wednesday 4th May.
· The City of Edinburgh Council still have a few places available in their Adult Education Programme for the Summer Term. Details of courses are on their website. For further information please email: email@example.com and for booking: www.joininedinburgh.org.