Dear Parents and Carers,
- Easter Celebration: P5 classes have shared their Easter Celebration with all the School by video and their parents and carers will be able to view it at home via Teams. Well done P5!
- Sharing the Learning: The P7 classes had a wonderful time and learned a lot at their First Aid Training session on Monday. The children will be able to use their skills to help others in an emergency situation. Well done P7s.
- Competition Winners: Ella in P5A, Izzy in P5B, Nia in P5C and James in P5C won an Art Competition hosted by our Mandarin Teacher – Mr Sproull. Well done everyone! The winning pictures are on our website.
- School Lunches after the holidays: a summer term menu has been prepared for school lunches, this menu was sent out via ParentPay on Tuesday.
- Allergies: Although we recognise that this cannot be guaranteed, Bruntsfield Primary aims to be a Nut-Free school. We hope everyone will work together to reduce the risk to those children and adults who may suffer an anaphylactic reaction if exposed to nuts. We encourage the children to take responsibility for the foods they eat and to be aware of the risks of all allergies. Please help us by checking snacks and packed lunches are nut free. This includes: packs of nuts; peanut butter sandwiches; fruit and cereal bars that contain nuts; chocolate bars or sweets that contain nuts; sesame seed rolls (children allergic to nuts may also have a severe reaction to sesame), cakes made with nuts. Parents and Carers please let the office staff know of any known or suspected allergy to nuts and provide all medical and necessary information if you have not already done so.
- COVID-19 Update: this has been our most challenging week for staff and pupil absences due to COVID-19. 14 classes are considered to have an outbreak and we have had our highest number of staff absence due to COVID-19, we have 13 staff off today. We are very, very pleased we are able to keep classes learning to the very last minute this term. I am hoping the Easter Holiday will give a break in transmission for everyone.
- School closes for the Easter Holiday on Friday 8 April at the usual Friday finishing times (P1 and P2: 11.55am, P3-P5: 12.05pm: P6 and P7: 11.50am)
Have a lovely holiday everyone. Take time to rest, relax, challenge yourself to new sports, hobbies, try new things, see new places, the choice is endless.
Look after yourselves and each other and we shall be back in school before you know it!