Dear Parents and Carers
- Attendance: As a school, we have always had very good attendance. However, this session has been challenging for everyone. We monitor pupil attendance carefully, however, this session we have had higher absences than previous years. I realise these have been challenging times for everyone. If children are unwell, they absolutely must be at home resting and you must let the office team know the reason. If there are any other reasons, apart from illness in which we can help please let us know. Please also help us by doing all you can to book holidays and family visits during holiday time, unless absolutely essential.
- On Friday a group of parents of P5C organised a celebration of Holi (Hindu festival) in the Links. The children had a great time being covered in powder paint, getting mehndi on their hands (henna patterns), enjoying traditional Indian desserts of gulab jamon and listening to Indian music.
- If you would like to use our ‘School App for Parents’, which makes easy links to the information on the website, please see the attached information sheet. To use it, please download the app you will find our news, events and information all in one place. You will also receive messages regarding your child’s class here, including important letters, updates and reminders – please make sure you have both your child’s class and the ‘Whole School’ groups ticked to receive these messages – please have a look at the attached video, which will help with this. (walkthrough video guide https://youtu.be/OQ_bc6lFYL0) .
- Fundraising for Ukraine: Holly in P4A organised a bake sale at Christ Church on Holy Corner last Sunday and raised £88 for the disasters and emergency committee appeal. She baked cakes and scones, all sold out within 15 minutes! Leila and Isis also raised £246.50 by baking and selling a selection of cakes in their local area.
- COVID-19 Update: NHS Scotland is offering the COVID-19 vaccine to all children aged 5 to 11 years, please see attached vaccination leaflet. If you have any questions or concerns about the COVID-19 vaccination programme please refer to www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccinechildren for more information or call the National Vaccination Helpline on 0800 030 8013.
- This week we have had 12 positive cases across 8 classes. We are continuing to monitor carefully and shall do all we can to reduce the spread in each class.
- Diary Dates:
- Sports Day: Tuesday 17 May 2022 (am)
- Reserve Sports Day: Tuesday 24 May 2022 (am)
- Details to be arranged nearer the time.
As always, if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.