Dear Parents and Carers,
- Welcome back to an exciting and busy term everyone, from which I hope has been a lovely holiday for you. When we finished in December, I said I was looking forward to seeing the first snowdrop. Much to my surprise, pretty little yellow daisies have started to bloom in a plant pot which I thought had failed in the summer! I really am quite amazed by them!
- It is really lovely being back with the staff and children and hearing all their news.
- This month’s Building Resilience Theme is ‘Be Kind to Others’. A great reminder for the New Year!
- Parent Consultations are on Monday 31 January to Thursday 3 February. A letter, with more details and explaining how to book has been emailed to you. Please contact the school office if you have any problems booking.
- Active Schools are going to start Multi Skills Lunchtime Clubs for P2 and P3 children. Details and information on booking will be emailed to P2 and P3 parents.
- More Parent Council Clubs have been and are being organised, please see the Parent Council website for more information.
- Children’s National Entitlement Card: From 31 January, 5–21 year olds living in Scotland will be eligible for free bus travel across Scotland with a valid National Entitlement Card. Details have been emailed to you. You may apply from 10 January 2022. Transport Scotland website has more information. Videos on how to apply for a card may be of interest at : https://youtu.be/Ev_sEjprEDE or for replacements at https://youtu.be/M7OgYZ3Fh5s
- Edinburgh School Uniform Bank provides free new school uniform to children and young people who are referred by a professional who knows the family. Further information is available at www.edinburghuniform.org As a registered charity, Edinburgh School Uniform Bank is independent from the Council and they rely on the support of local people and businesses. To find out how you can help by donating uniform or funds, volunteering or fundraising please visit www.edinburghuniform.org
- Staying Safe: Please follow the latest Scottish Government COVID–19 guidance at all times. Thank you for all you and your families are doing to help.
If there is anything I, or another member of staff can do to help, please contact us at email@example.com