Dear Parents and Carers,
- Sharing the Learning: it has been fantastic to see all the wonderful learning in all the classes.
- P7 have been busy with Technologies: making wind turbines using balsa wood. Great to see lots of skills being used: measuring; angles; cutting wood etc. Their next step is to test them outside, they are choosing their day carefully. Great Renewable Energy Project P7 – well done!
P7 have also been using our cooking equipment (induction hobs, knives, chopping boards, pans, scales etc) this week to make mars bar cake. Once tasted, they used the activity as a basis for instructional writing, creating and sharing recipes which detail what they did. Food technology, hygiene procedures and the conventions of instructional writing were all covered…along with an extensive risk assessment!
- P5 have been making their own model eco system. A lot of work, care and attention has gone into learning about savanna, tundra, rainforests and other climates. Well done P5!
- Sophia D in P5A shared her poem, ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas’, which was beautiful to hear. Amazing, Sophia!
- P4 have been making beautiful 3D cards, lots of planning, measuring, angles, symmetry, cutting and pasting in their designs! Well done P4!
- P3: are learning about collage and are making beautiful winter pictures. They are beautiful P3!
- Pupil Health and Wellbeing Census: Good news! We have all the paperwork ready for the P5, P6 and P7 Scottish Census mentioned last week and, all going to plan, we shall do this on the last week of term. Information was sent hope to P5-P7 parents and carers on Monday (a paper copy of the letter was given to each P5-P7 child to take home in their school bags, plus an email forwarded to you). Please read and return as you are given the choice to opt in or out.
- Covid 19: I was asked for a reminder on Covid 19 testing. I have emailed you the information and the latest update. To access the full guidance, please see link below:
- The Scottish Government will soon be launching the Free Bus Travel Scheme for young people between the ages of 5 and 21. If you would like to share your views, please do so at online1.snapsurveys.com/under22travelsurvey by 24th January 2022. The questionnaire asks about current travel behaviour, and your thoughts about bus travel generally and the free bus travel. If you have any questions about the work or problems completing the questionnaire, please contact their Project Manager, Elaine Wilson-Smith, at email@example.com or on 0131 677 5522. An email has been sent with more information.
- School finishes on Friday 17 December at the usual time. Please remember there is NO Kidzcare Club on Friday 17 December.
- Wednesday 05 January is an online inservice day for our staff and Cluster colleagues. We have training from ‘Show Racism the Red Card’ in the morning and planning and moderation of the ways we teach maths, the language we use in the afternoon. The school will be closed on the 5 January.
- Children return on Thursday 06 January 2022.
As always, if there is anything we can do to help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Carol Kyle
Bruntsfield Primary School