Dear Parents and Carers,
- A welcome letter has been emailed to you from Amanda Hatton, Executive Director of Education and Children’s Services. There has been some reorganisation of departments. Schools were previously in the section ‘Children, Families and Communities’. We are now in ‘Education and Children’s Services’.
- We say goodbye and best wishes to Mr Christian Amprimo, our Facility Technician, who has left us for sunnier climates and to Sheila, Susie and Catherine who ran the Art Club for many years. They told me they always felt very much part of the school community and had a wonderful time working with the children at Bruntsfield Primary School. Thank you all.
- Marlene in Primary 7A is a Winter Windows competition winner! The art work the children completed was beautiful and displayed around the school. We look forward to seeing Marlene’s art displayed in the city. Well done Marlene!
- End of Term Celebrations: Teachers are organising class parties, details will be posted on their class Teams page.
- P1 Nativity: Rehearsals are going well, lots of singing outside, which has been lovely to hear. P1 Teachers are filming the children and will upload their Nativity onto their Class Teams page by the 15 December 2021.
- Our Christmas Tree: is in the Dining Hall for all the staff and children to enjoy.
- Christmas is a Time for Giving:
- Christmas Jumper Day is on Friday 10 December, donations will go to Save the Children.
- A fund raising Assembly is organised for the last week of term. If you would like to donate to Bethany, please send in any donations on the last week and the children will collect in their classes.
- Diary Date Change: Individual and family photos have been changed to Wednesday 16 March 2022 and class photos remainon Thursday 28 April 2022. Tempest have taken the photos for us before and information on how to purchase will be shared nearer the time. Apologies for the change of date.
- Head Lice: our little visitors have joined us again. It would be helpful if we could all check the children’s and family members hair at the weekend. Treatment and combs are available at pharmacies.
- Pupil Health and Wellbeing Census: P5, P6 and P7 will be invited to take part in a Scottish Census next term. Detailed information will be shared with you and your child beforehand and you will be given the choice to opt in or out.
- Spare Clothing: we would welcome any donations of boys trousers (all ages) and pants and socks for younger children. Please send any in with your child and they can take them to the school office.
- Covid 19 Update: Please continue to keep taking the LFD tests, it is proving very helpful in catching cases early. We shall continue to do all we can to minimise the spread of the virus in School.
- Flu Vaccinations: the vaccination programme ran very well. If, for any reason, your child missed their vaccine, please contact the NHS to reschedule, or pop into a pharmacy, they are able to help.
- Our Office Staff are extremely busy at the moment, applications for next session’s Primary 1 classes are to be processed by the end of this month. Whilst we welcome this as it will help us plan earlier, it has made an already very busy time very, very busy!
As always, if there is anything we can do to help, please contact us via email@example.com
Ms Carol Kyle
Bruntsfield Primary School