Dear Parents and Carers,
- The Parent Council are having a Winter Trail this Saturday, 27 November 2021 between 10.30am and 2.30pm. If you would like to join in, pick up your trail map and home baking from a stand in Bruntsfield Links. Entry is £1 (cash please) and set off around the neighbourhood to find the letters. When you have solved the puzzle, take your unscrambled word to the Eric LIddel Centre to claim your prize. There will also be lots of stalls and activities at the Eric Liddel Centre for you to enjoy too.
- Winter/ Christmas Cards, Notebooks and Mugs: The designs the children have had published into cards, note books and mugs have arrived in school and look amazing! I hope you are pleased with them too! I know the children have really enjoyed seeing them as they arrived, great excitement all around!
- Sharing the Learning: P5C have just finished reading The Boy At The Back Of The Classroom. They are writing persuasive letters to the Queen, Nicola Sturgeon and Boris Johnson about a social issue they would like to acted on, in the same style as the actions in the book. Great ideas P5!
- House Captains and Vice-Captains chose theme of Kindness and Respect for the awarding of House points until the end of term. Our school is split into four Houses: Churchhill (green); Leamington (blue); Merchiston (red) and Viewforth (yellow). Each month the children earn tokens, which they deposit in their House ‘tube’ in the main entrance hall. They are counted, and a Trophy is presented to the House with the most tokens for the month.
- We shall be celebrating St. Andrew’s Day on 30th November in class and at Assembly. BBC Bitesize Daily: Scotland has some good clips if you want to watch them as a family. If the children have stories to share, please send them in.
- Active Schools: Children in P5, P6 and P7 are invited to join Water Polo beginner classes at Warrender Park Swimming Pool. Details of how to join have been emailed to their parents and carers.
- CEC Vacancies: the Council are recruiting cleaners and facility technicians across the city. As there is a link for each area, they have been sent in an email to you. Please pass to anyone who is interested in any of the posts.
- Covid 19 Update: LFD testing this is a simple and relatively easy and effective tool that is widely accessible. I am told uptake is generally low across the City. However, it does really help stop the spread within the class, school and community. Unfortunately, our C19 numbers are higher this week. We are doing all we can in school to reduce the risk of the Virus spreading, but would really like to avoid any more cases in the last few weeks of this term. If you can LFD test to help, please do. Testing kits may be picked up in pharmacies or online.
- Diary Date: Individual and family photos have been arranged for Thursday 10 March 2022 and class photos on Thursday 28 April 2022. Tempest have taken the photos for us before and information on how to purchase will be shared nearer the time.
- Winter or Christmas Jumper Day is Friday 10th December: everyone is invited to join in by wearing a Winter or Christmas Jumper to raise funds for Save the Children. We have seen some very creative designs over the years: sewing fabric patterns on to jumpers; tinsel round the collar and cuff and drawings stitched on to jumpers too. Have some fun and join in!
As always, if there is anything we can do to help, please contact us at email@example.com