Dear Parents and Carers,
- I hope you had a good holiday week. We certainly are in Autumn and fast approaching Winter. Please remember, whist we have our heating on, we have more windows open than in previous years, so lots of warm vests and socks will be a good idea.
- Inservice Day: along with cluster colleagues our staff had time to talk, read, reflect and plan learning around equalities. In addition, our pupil support assistants completed Emotion’s Talk training, which is a great way to support our pupils’ emotional development by giving them strategies and support to talk about their feelings.
- Thanks to the staff and children for their efforts during ‘EU Code Week’ before the holiday. There was a wide range of plugged and unplugged coding going on in classrooms and it was super to have so many examples of great learning and teaching.
- Bags of unclaimed uniforms in sizes (5-6yrs, 7-8 years, 9-10 years and 10-11 years) will be available to collect on Friday 29 October from 11:45-12:15pm (weather permitting) on the school side of the fence by the boat. Each bag contains at least one logo BPS jumper, plus a mix of t-shirts, trousers and skirts. Information has been emailed to you with details. Lost property, especially coats, will be hung on the railings (weather permitting) on Fridays.
- Hallowe’en: as always, children are welcome to dress up on Friday 29 October (or not if they prefer) and enjoy reading, writing and drawing about ‘spooky stories’ in class.
- All Saints Day (also known as All Hallows’ Day or Hallowmas) on Monday 1 November is to remember all saints and martyrs, known and unknown, throughout Christian history.
- test and trace kits, free of charge are available for you from any (open) library in the city.
- We still have positive cases in our community and thank you all for informing us of them.
If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know via email@example.com