Dear Parents and Carers,
- Thank you for taking part in our Parent Consultation meetings this week. I am pleased to hear they are going well. The last meeting is this afternoon, however, if anyone missed their appointment, please let your class teacher(s) know.
- The next Parent Consultation meetings are during week beginning 31 January 2022. Details will be confirmed nearer the time.
- Bilingual Support – Welcome to Ms Sacha Hasan who is an Arabic speaking Bilingual Support Assistant (BSA). Our EAL team offers targeted bilingual support in the main community languages, for learners at the early stages of learning English as an Additional Language (EAL).
- The Children and Young People’s Physiotherapy service works across Edinburgh, East and MidLothian, and the Royal Hospital for Children and Young People. The website below provides information/advice on a range of common conditions and queries often referred to Paediatric Physiotherapists (details have been emailed to you and added to our website) https://children.nhslothian.scot/departments_services/physiotherapy
- Winter Weather: we have a number of unclaimed coats in school, most from last term. The children have looked at them to check if they are theirs, they have also been displayed on the School railings on a Friday afternoon. We shall hang them up again outside on Friday (weather permitting). Any unclaimed items will then go to the charity shop. Please do look carefully for yours, we would love them all to be matched up.
- Bonfire Safety: as we approach 5 November, the City of Edinburgh Council and Fire Safety Teams have designed lessons for P6, P7, S1 and S2 pupils. Good to have this consistent approach for all our children.
- Show Racism the Red Card: It is ‘Wear Red Day’ for Show Racism the red card on the 22nd of October but as this is in the October holidays, we shall support it on Friday 15 October. Do join in and we shall all show our support.
- Monday 25 October is an Inservice Day for staff, we shall focus on Equalities with our Cluster Colleagues: decolonising our curriculum and building a wider range of perspectives as an integral part of learning (not as an add on) is the theme for our training. Reading documents which have been extremely helpful are ‘Promoting and developing race equality and ant-racist education: an overview’ from Education Scotland and the link I sent last week is still one of the best. More titles have come in from the City of Edinburgh, so lots of reading to continue! In the second part of the afternoon we shall look at maths resources for each level.
- The October Holiday starts on Monday 18 October and the children return to school on Tuesday 26 October.
As always, if we can help in any way, please contact us at email@example.com