Dear Parents and Carers,
- Equalities: 1st-31st Black History Month: We look forward to celebrating Black History Month this October. This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of the national celebrations and events to honour the accomplishments of Black Britons throughout our history. The link below from CRER (the Coalition for Racial Equality and Rights) and has lots of information https://www.blackhistorymonthscotland.org/whats-on?fbclid=IwAR1kU2MROVuZ7GFEzx51kl–Jh1omnDn1muRyEEaca7uS-uxmMrPGt5ms8M
- Language Leaders: Each class is selecting a pupil ‘Language Leader’, They will work with Ms Bell to share and promote the wonderful range of languages in each class as well as sharing ideas on where to lead French, German and Mandarin. Welcome notices at each classroom door show the range of languages across the school. We are very lucky to have so many countries represented in school.
- Bilingual Support Assistant: Welcome to Miss Kathlyn Cheuk who will support children’s learning for blocks of time throughout the session.
- Digital Committee Members: Mr Clark is recruiting ‘Digital Committee Members’ who will work with him to develop digital learning at Bruntsfield Primary School. I look forward to hearing all their ideas! Their ‘pupil voice’ will be most welcome.
- ICT Code Week: 11-15 October. Classes are taking part in this and will share their learning on the school Twitter page. Have lots of fun everyone, I look forward to seeing your examples.
- Pupil Teams Login: Each child has been given their Teams Login. If they have forgotten it, their class teacher will share it with them again.
- Wet and Cold Weather: Please remember to wrap up warmly as the weather is certainly changing. The shelters are available for any child to wait in before school starts (details have been emailed to you with designated areas for each year group).
- Covid 19 Update: Thank you everyone for continuing to check for any symptoms, it is very much appreciated.
- The plans to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee have been officially approved by the City of Edinburgh Council and for schools, this means that the Victoria Day (previously 23rd May) will now be celebrated on Thursday 2nd June and the Platinum Jubilee on Friday 3rd June, meaning schools will be closed. The revised dates are now available on the Council website (https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/schools/term-dates).
As always, please remember to contact us all via the school admin email address at email@example.com We are all here to help if you need us.