Dear Parents and Carers,
- Parent Consultations: will take place on Monday 4 October, Tuesday 5 October, Wednesday 6 October and Thursday 7 October from 4pm – 5.30pm by telephone. An email has been sent to you explaining how to book a time. We have details of parents and carers who require an interpreter from your child’s enrolment form, if your situation has changed please let us know.
- The Parent Council AGM was on Wednesday 22 September. I would like to thank Miss Karen Galloway, Parent Council Chair, all the Office Bearers and Parent Council Members for their commitment and dedication to our school and the Bruntsfield Community, especially in the challenging time we have had. Welcome to Mrs Ros Classe, our new Parent Council Chair and to the new Parent Council Team. Members were elected last night. Details and minutes of the meeting will be posted on the Parent Council Website, www.bruntsfield.org in due course.
- Clubs: The Parent Council, Active Schools and I areworking together to plan Clubs in a safe and manageable way. Information will be shared on which clubs are in school, which are in Morningside United Church, starting dates and booking system once details are finalised.
- Safe Routes to School: The Police are continuing to work with us promoting safe travel, along with the City of Edinburgh Council Team. Miss Eleanor Humphries, P2C class teacher, supported by Mrs Ingrid Ramsay, will lead the Junior Road Safety Officers this session. The Police are very kindly sharing some banners and display boards to help share the message of parking a safe distance from the school. One of the first jobs the JRSO will have will be to decide the best place to put them!
- Covid 19 Update: new ‘Warn and Inform’ letters have been issued, please see ours on the website.
- School lunches: We have been asked to share the following with you.
- “Due to current national supply chain issues, we may need to change our menus at short notice as we adapt to the changing situation. As you may be aware from the national media there is currently a shortage of HGV drivers, this in some cases may result in product substitutions. We are working closely with our catering suppliers to mitigate disruption and our catering teams are working to adapt menus at a local level based on product availability. Pupils with special diets will continue to be catered for, however menus may differ from that on ParentPay. In addition, COVID is having an impact within our catering team resources, in some isolated cases we are having to deliver a packed lunch service offering, our teams are working incredibly hard to provide the best service possible during unprecedented times, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause”.
- Contacting the School: Please remember to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org whenever possible. If you have an arranged meeting in school, or are bringing children in late, or collecting them early, please wait outside the main door until a member of staff comes to help. By working together we shall do all we can to minimise the risk of pupils, staff, parents and the community becoming ill with Covid19. We are trying to do all we can to help.