Dear Parents and Carers,
- Transitions have started for the children who are starting P1 in August 2021. Videos, Sways and Teams meetings are all in place to share as much information as possible. We look forward to seeing you new P1s!
- Equalities: The ‘Teaching in a Diverse Scotland’: Increasing and Retaining Minority Ethnic Teachers in Scotland’s Schools report was published at the end of 2018. A progress report was published in March 2021. Both reports highlight, minority ethnic teachers, especially people of colour, are under-represented in Scotland’s schools, and in promoted posts. If anyone is interested in teaching as a career I am happy to share what a wonderful profession it is.
- The Road Safety Team have shared six lovely, very large books for P1 and P2 based on the adventures ‘Ziggy’ has whilst he is out and about. Thank you Road Safety Team.
- Session date change Christmas holidays 2021
At its March meeting, the Education, Children and Families Committee agreed to change the scheduled Christmas holiday dates from Friday 24 December 2021 – Monday 10 January 2022 to Monday 20 December 2021 – Tuesday 4 January 2022.
The change was based on a similar amendment to the previous year’s holiday dates. The reasons for the change are set out in this committee report:
The report did not include consideration of the in-service day after the holidays. This will be Wednesday 5 January 2022. To ensure that pupils are in school for the required 190 days, the summer term will be amended to finish on Friday 1 July 2022 instead of Thursday 30 June.
The agreed changes are now on the Council website, along with dates for dates for 2022/23, 2023/24 and 2024/25.
- Playground and Lining Up: Please remember to maintain social distancing at the gates and also at the railings. That allows all the children to see all the parents easily. We would appreciate if you could refrain from recording the classes when they are in the playground.
- Covid 19 Update: I have been told the ‘Travelling Tabby’ website shows the number of positive C19 case numbers in different areas of Edinburgh City. https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/local
If we can help in any way, please contact us via email@example.com