Dear Parents and Carers,
- On Monday I shared our commitment to you and your children via our Bruntsfield Primary School Online Learning for Pupils and Parents: January 2021.
- To help, learning grids will continue to be posted on the School Website, along with details of class activities via Teams.
- Live ‘check-ins’ will help support the children along with feedback teachers provide. Video presentations, allows children to access them at a time which suits your family, and also helps families who are sharing devices. It also allow flexibility to follow a timetable which works for you, or if the children wish to revisit the learning.
- Should children not engage with learning, we are here to help! We can discuss ways to support the children further with you. I am hopeful, all the planning and work staff have done to engage children in home learning via Teams during the first term of this session, will have helped ensure engagement from all.
- Technology: on Monday morning, there were issues with Teams which was out with our control, if this happens again we shall, as we did on Monday, send you updates via emails. If you have any technical questions about using Teams, please let us know, we may have solved the same problem too, if not, we may know who to ask.
- It is always worth reminding children about the sensible way to use technology and Teams. Guides are posted on our website: A Quick Start Guide for Learners, Parents and Carers.
- The City of Edinburgh Safer Communities Team have shared their information sheet (it has been emailed to you) with information on Online Safety. It gives advice on reporting suspicious emails to the Suspicious Email Reporting Service (SERS) at firstname.lastname@example.org and suspicious texts are to be forwarded to 7726.
- Please remember, filming or recording a member of staff is not permitted. In the unlikely event of this happening, any instances will be reported to the police. Unions have updated their guidance to staff on this subject and I know you will be understanding and supportive.
- Scottish Government have updated their advice on Remote Learning, it has been added to our website. Further information can be found at https://education.gov.scot/improvement/supporting-remote-learning/supporting-remote-learning
- We are supporting learning in school for children of key workers. By keeping this as an essential service, we are doing all we can to help prevent these children picking up the virus and taking back to their homes. Keeping their families safe from the virus, helps them help us.
- Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge Thank You, from Behalf of everyone in the Bruntsfield Community for all you are doing to keep our NHS running and helping those when they need it the most.
Stay safe, look after yourselves and each other.
If there is anything we can do to help, please contact us at email@example.com