Dear Parents and Carers.
- Oscar, P6A, is part of the Children in Scotland Panel, where they share their views in a non-political way. If you would like to know more, please visit https://twitter.com/cisweb/status/1331572867578859520?s=20
- Christmas Holiday Dates: The Scottish Governmenthave confirmed there are no changes to the school holidays, the term dates remain as they are.
- Exchanging Christmas Cards: we are doing all we can to minimise the potential spread of Covid19. We have asked for your understanding and have quarantine arrangements in place when essential items come from home to school. It is therefore, with regret, we ask pupils not to bring cards into school this term. We have only a short time until the holidays and I absolutely want to make sure we do every small thing we can to avoid asking anyone to self-isolate during the holiday period. Your understanding on this is much appreciated.
- Winter/ Christmas Jumper Day: This is something we can do! If your child would like to wear a Winter or Christmas Jumper on Friday 11 December, please do. A little tinsel as a trim, safety-pinned on, works wonders!
- Community Building: The purchase of St Oswald’s Church and Hall on Montpelier Park in Bruntsfield will receive funding of £214,713 from the Scottish Land Fund to create a community facility providing wrap-around childcare and to serve as a meeting place for local groups. Many thanks to all who have been involved in securing this wonderful outcome for the people of Bruntsfield.
- The South East Lifelong Learning ‘Families Virtual Advent Calendar’ has gone live today and the first door is ready to open. Families and pupils may access this free resource. It offers a variety of fun, affordable activities to support families on the run up to Christmas Day.
If there is anything I, or a member of the school team can do to help, please contact us via email@example.com
Have a good weekend when it comes and look after yourselves and keep safe.