Dear Parents and Carers,
- Sharing the Learning: Every class is a joy to see! All the children have adapted to their new classroom layout, making the most of the spaces we can use in school and are achieving a good balance of working in class and enjoying the playground. Teachers are working with the pupil support assistants to identify times when they will be able to go to the Links, I know this is something which everyone is looking forward to.
- Parent Council Meeting: thanks to all who joined the meeting last night, the online meetings are working well. A fabulous £3800 was raised selling Gift Cards and Tea Towels, well done everyone, they do look good! Information will come on a Winter Windows Trail, sounds like fun!
- Covid-19 Update: Whilst the action points from each positive case are agreed by Health Protection Lothian (HPL), the City of Edinburgh Council and the School and are individual to each school, there are some trends appearing. I though it may be helpful to share some information with you. Please remember if your child is in Breakfast Club, that is one ‘bubble’. If they are in an After School Club, that is another ‘bubble’ as well as each child being in their class ‘bubble’. If a positive case is identified, it may very well be, each bubble the identified case is in, are asked to self-isolate. To help reduce the risk and minimise the numbers of children in each ‘bubble’ Kidzcare have limited their bubbles to 15 children. I am working with Kidzcare to reduce this further, to smaller groups within each bubble. If any member of your family develop Covid-19 symptoms, it is really important you note exactly when the first symptoms show. HPL trace back 48 hours from the first symptoms. Once again, I do appreciate all you, and everyone in school, is doing to help minimise the spread of the virus, thank you and let’s keep it going – a vaccine is in sight!
- Safe Streets Update: Thanks to the Police who have been helping advise drivers about the need to keep the streets as free as possible from vehicles whilst families are arriving and leaving school. Thank you to our residents who are helping us too.
- The City of Edinburgh Council are sharing their Budget update for 2021-2024. Your views are invited at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/budget by Thursday 10 December (an email with more detail has been sent to you about this).
- If you celebrate Thanks Giving on Thursday 26th November, have a lovely time.
As always, if there is anything, I or another member of the Staff Team can do to help, please contact us at email@example.com