Dear Parents and Carers,
- Hot school lunches: Edinburgh Catering Team are serving hot lunches after the October break. The lunches will be delivered to classes. The lunch boxes and cutlery are all recyclable and will go in the food waste bag in each classroom. This bag will be collected at the end of lunch for recycling. Please remember to select your options via Parent Pay in the usual way.
- Road Safety: We are working in partnership with the CEC Roads Department, Parent Council, Councillors and the Police to ensure road markings are as clear as possible and everyone follows safe parking to help keep the children SAFE, especially as the days become shorter and visibility is reduced. We shall reinforce Road Safety in school, please help us by discussing road safety at every opportunity with your children.
- Individual and Family Photographs: I am sorry, we shall not be able to have our annual photographs this term due to Covid-19 restrictions. We shall keep you informed if advice changes.
- Parent Consultations: A letter will be emailed to you giving details on how to book an appointment for Parent Consultations. They will be by telephone call from Monday 9 to Thursday 12 November from 4-5.30pm. Booking appointments will be open from 28 October until the 5 November. We are all hoping for a vaccine to be in place soon to allow us to invite you into school again.
- Bonfire Season: The Police and Fire and Rescue Services have shared presentations on Bonfire and Firework Safety. If you would like to view them, they are available at https://www.firescotland.gov.uk/your-safety/fireworks-safety/schools-and-community-groups.aspx
- Scotland’s Young People: young people from age 12-25 are invited to share their views on what to include in the 2021-26 Manifesto for the Scottish Youth Parliament. We look forward to hearing their ideas.
- Our Chance is a FREE virtual film festival about the intersection of Race, Education and Youth Empowerment and is taking place from the 6th to the 27th October. ‘Come together’ has three weeks of important films and critical conversations to inspire and spark sustained change in our community and beyond. Although the festival has been put together in the US context, there is excellent material for exploring this important area. Further information and the chance to register is at https://our-chance.com/
Have a lovely, albeit unique, October Holiday.
Look after yourselves and each other and keep safe.
I look forward to seeing all the children back in school on Tuesday 27 October 2020.