Dear Parents and Carers,
- Welcome to Mr David Clarkson, the new Minister at Barclay Viewforth Church. Mr Clarkson was a police officer for 19 years before returning to university to study for Ministry. He was the Minister of Monkton and Prestwick North Church for ten years before moving to Edinburgh. We look forward to continuing the partnership we have enjoyed for many years with Barclay Viewforth Church.
- School Crossing Guides: The City of Edinburgh Council are placing adverts for more crossing guides across the City. If you know of anyone who may be interested in this post in our community (or any of the other areas in the city), please ask them to apply.
- Hook on gate opposite the school office: Please remember to replace the hook at the top of the metal gate on the main entrance gate if you come in to school. It is high to stop little hands opening it. Many thanks.
- St Oswald’s Update: You may be aware of the plans the Parent Council, in partnership with the Eric Liddle Centre, have for St. Oswald’s Hall. It is hoped St. Oswald’s Centre will open in Spring 2022 after renovation and refurbishment. You are all invited to become members of St. Oswald’s and help to develop, shape and support a sustainable future for this Community Hub. Please contact the Parent Council for more information or follow the link: https://bruntsfield.us20.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a3eb7cea327609e3fd936f740&id=d1fc1bea3e
- Thank you to all the families who are following Government advice and self-isolating. We all appreciate the effort you are all making to keep Covid-19 out of our school. We have weekly health and safety meetings and continually review practice to ensure we are doing as much as possible to keep the children, staff, yourselves and the community safe.
- I am delighted to see and hear the classes learning outside as much as possible. The staff and children are finding very creative ways to make use of our grounds. Some extra layers would be advised as we approach winter. We shall keep the windows open for good ventilation, but are aware the weather will become colder. I am very pleased our heating system was upgraded recently!
If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
If you would like to send a message to one of the teachers or pupil support assistants, please continue to do so via email@example.com