Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope you are all safe and well.
- The children are having great fun playing in their designated zones at break and lunch and are doing very, very well. It is great to see the children in class, learning together and I know all the staff and I am very pleased to have them all back in school.
- Mrs Bell is working with children and families who are self-isolating, ill or taking a little longer to get used to the idea of coming back.
- Kidzcare and Breakfast Club started this week and it was good to see all the staff and children enjoying themselves.
- Flu Immunisation: Bruntsfield Primary School have their flu immunisation for pupils on Wednesday 16 September 2020. Details and consent forms have been sent to you.
- Thank you to the parents who cut the greenery back on St Oswald’s to allow families to walk on the pavement, it is much appreciated.
- Please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 0131 229 1821 and the office staff will do all they can to help or direct your call. There will be occasions when a meeting is required and one will be arranged. Thank you for following the guidelines and supporting this.
Advice on Preventing the spread of COVID-19 – SCHOOLS:
The wellbeing of all children, young people and staff and the community is our primary concern.
There are important actions that everyone can take to prevent the spread of the virus.
- has the symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) – a new persistent cough, fever, or a loss of sense of smell and /or taste – should stay at home and arrange for coronavirus testing; https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/test-and-protect/coronavirus-covid-19-testing
- is living with someone who has coronavirus symptoms should stay at home and follow the relevant advice; https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/test-and-protect/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-infection
- Please remember if one sibling or a member of the family is absent from school with any signs of Covid-19, all siblings should be absent, including any at High School until the test is confirmed negative or the isolation period is complete.
- If you have returned, or come to Scotland from a country which is not exempt from the UK quarantine rules, you must follow the relevant guidance. https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-public-health-checks-at-borders/pages/overview/
- We have been advised by Public Health Scotland all parents and carers must adhere to social distancing guidelines at the start and end of the school day.
- The closed street on Montpelier has definitely helped support social distancing. Please remember the street is still open to residents and blue badge holders, so there may be some traffic.
If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.