Dear Parents and Carers,
- Art Auction: what fabulous art work you shared, my compliments to you all.
- Best of luck to all our wonderful Primary 7 pupils as they move to their High Schools. We shall miss you!
- Staffing Update: we say goodbye and good luck to our Pupil Support Assistants, Gemma McGregor, Kirsty Taylor and Adam Cradock who are starting Teacher Training. I read through 108 applications for their replacements and the interviews were held ‘virtually’ this week.
- Our probationers, Christie Allan and Sanni Suhonen are moving on to pastures new and we wish them both all the very best for the future. Thank you for doing a super job!
- Our Cook, Traci Clee is moving to a school closer to home. Thank you for all the lovely lunches you have cooked for us during the time you have been at Bruntsfield, we shall miss them, and you, very much. Mrs Shirley Hay has been visiting the school and working with Mrs Clee to prepare for August.
- I am told, The Judy Murray Foundation has a free Online Training Tour. The 90 minute workshops are open to anyone who is interested in learning to deliver starter tennis at home, in clubs, hubs, parks or schools. Details have been emailed to you if you want to join in.
- If you have any school books or resources, please keep them safe over the summer and we shall collect them and distribute new ones in August when the new session starts.
- The Scottish Government and the City of Edinburgh Council will continue to update plans for August.
- The staff will have inservice day training on Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 August and focus on Health and Wellbeing, Digital Learning and Blended Learning.
- Our singer in residence, Ivy Morris, has a welcome back song for you to enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PPCH2QILoU&feature=share
- Continue to address any communication to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember, there will be limited replies during the school holidays.
This is my last HT Blog of the session and what a journey the last few months have been!
As things are today, I look forward to seeing you and the children on Wednesday 12 August.
Have a lovely summer, let’s hope for sunshine and enjoy being at home.
Do look after yourselves, each other and stay safe.