Dear Parents and Carers:
- We are pleased to launch a School App for Parents. You may download the app and it will take you directly to our Website, Twitter and ParentPay. When we return to school events, will be listed on the calendar. The App will not hold or supply personal data, it complies with GDPR and links, rather than holds information. Details of how to use it are added to the Parent Zone Section of our website along with help sheets for 365.
- Communication: we are adding more information directly to the website to reduce the amount of emails you receive. As 365 is rolled out to P1-P3 classes, this will help reduce emails further. The link from School App for Parents should also provide helpful links and allow you to choose when you access information.
- Please continue to email the School at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns, queries, compliments or suggestions. This will help inform our next steps.
- Message in a Bottle: I had a lovely email from a child in Easthaven, near Carnoustie, who found a ‘message in a bottle’ from one of our pupils. He was so excited to find it, he has written to the author via the school address. The child who sent the message, has been contacted. Thank you – you made a little boy’s day!
- The City of Edinburgh Early Years Team have organised a city-wide transition project ‘Bear Hunt’ for all nursery children. We normally have a Cluster Theme, but I do like the idea of a city wide one. Further information is available at www.bearhuntedinburgh.wordpress.com. Additional information will be added to the website from 18 May 2020.
- Winter 2020 Flu Vaccine: A very early diary date! Community Child Health have a proposed date of 30th November 2020 for Bruntsfield Pupils.
- The World’s Largest Ever Art Lesson: You are invited to join Rob Biddulph, children’s author and illustrator, on Thursday the 21st of May at 4pm to break the record for the world’s largest art lesson, Details have been emailed to you.
- Next week is Mental Health week. Teachers will share learning activities which will help the children continue to build their resilience skills.
- Help for Parents and Carers: Please find updated information on local supports in South East Edinburgh for Parents and Carers at https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/downloads/download/13779/parent-and-carer-support-resources and https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/coronavirus-4/supporting-parents-carers-children-young-people-coronavirus-advice/1 on the CEC Covid-19 information section.
- If you have enjoyed singing along with Mrs Morris, she has added two more songs, ‘Decisions’ and ‘With these Hands’ at https://youtu.be/eUOzop_90pg and https://youtu.be/nqnaWLnhVdU
- Parent Council Meeting: I am pleased the new format worked well and so many parents, carers and staff were able to join in. I have attached my notes from the meeting to the website.
If there is anything I, or a member of the Bruntsfield Team can do to help, please let us know.