Dear Parents and Carers,
- Well done on coping with another week of Lockdown and home learning. It has brought challenges for all of us, but this is a fantastic opportunity to use, consolidate and develop our resilience skills and to find new ways of working.
- Thank you all who have given feedback on Learning at Home. We hope to enhance our existing home learning through use of Teams on Office 365 Inservice Day and have training on this planned for Monday 4 May. This is currently being set up for pupils -watch this space!
- Best wishes to all our families celebrating Ramadan. There are some good websites https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zpdtsbk/resources/1
https://mwrc.org.uk/resources/ Go to ‘Toolkits, English’ for a guide on Islam in the Scottish context; includes examples stories from young people on how they might celebrate Rama-dan in addition to relevant information about Islam in Scotland today.
- Boroughmuir High School have shared information on Transition to High School as it may be slightly different this year. I have added this to our website. I am pleased Transition from Bruntsfield Primary starts in P6 and the children have had opportunities to visit the High School already.
- Nursery Transition: Handbooks and a PowerPoint for new P1s starting in 2020-2021 will be shared before the end of May.
- VE Day Celebrations: if you are looking for something to help celebrate VE Day on the 8-10 May, this link may have something for you. https://ve-vjday75.gov.uk/dan-snows-ve-day-challenge/
- Distance Befriending: Distance Befriending supports adults across Edinburgh over the phone or via video calling. From chatting about hobbies and interests to sharing advice on accessing resources, befrienders are there to listen, talk, and understand, offering a friendly ear to someone who may feel isolated. If you would like to talk to someone, please contact www.peopleknowhow.org/reconnect
- Please remember, Friday 8 May is a holiday. Enjoy a well-deserved break and enjoy some down time, hopefully outdoors in the Sunshine!
Keep safe, keep smiling and take time to look after yourselves and each other.