Dear Parents and Carers,
- We have achieved our Third Green Flag, which is absolutely wonderful news! Well done to everyone for their contributions and also to Miss McIlwain who completed all the paper work for this! Work will continue reusing, reducing and recycling our waste, along with all the Pupil Voice Committees who are working on many areas of sustainability for the future.
- P6 will finish their work with Scottish Opera, on Warriors, on Wednesday 5th February. Invites have gone to P6 parents and carers from their classes to the show which starts at 2.15pm in the Stage Hall.
- Next week is languages week, we shall celebrate the many languages in Bruntsfield. Do ask your children to share their learning with you. A whole School home learning grid with fun activities and challenges will be emailed to you on Monday if you want to join in. House tokens will be awarded for children sharing their love of languages.
- The bike stands will be painted over the February holiday. Please make sure all bikes and scooters make their way home before Friday 7th February, as they will be removed for painting and we cannot guarantee their safety.
- We have been told Mumps is currently circulating at a higher than usual level in Lothian. The signs, symptoms of mumps include, fever headache, swelling of parotid glands on one or both sides of the face (‘like a hamster’). Pupils with symptoms of mumps should not attend school until they are recovered and at least five days after the parotid (facial) swelling began. Further information is available online at https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/mumps.
- A Class for Parents and Carers: Active Schools is offering a free ‘Introduction to Multi-Skills’ workshop developed by SportScotland for parents, carers and volunteers who are thinking about a coaching career or starting to work with children in March. Further information from: https://sportscotland.org.uk/coaching/cpd-and-training/multi-skills, or contact Tony Segall, Active Schools Co-ordinator, to book a place on 07884 244362Tony.Segall@ea.edin.sch.uk
- P6 & P7 Tennis Club: There are spaces available in the Active Schools P6 & P7 Tennis Club. The sessions take place every Friday from 1.30pm to 2.30pm at Craiglockhart Tennis Centre, with the last session on Friday 27th March. The cost for the block is £22. To book, please go to www.joininedinburgh.org, in the green Activity Search box enter the ‘Booking Code’ BOR-101. For more information, please contact Tony Segall on 07884 244362 or at Tony.Segall@ea.edin.sch.uk
- The Book Fair has been a great success, thank you for all your purchases. It will remain open until 7pm this evening (Thursday). The Book Fair give us commission in books, which the staff and pupils select. If you have any favourites, please let us know and we shall add them to our reading list.
- The next Parent Council Meeting is on Wednesday 5 February at 7pm. I look forward to seeing you then.
As always, if there is anything I, or any of the staff can do to help, please let us know.