Dear Parents and Carers,
- Happy Chinese New Year to all our families and friends in the Community. We wish you all great fun in your celebrations and best of luck for the year ahead.
- Traffic update: Our Community Police Team have met with The City of Edinburgh’s Council’s Transport Officers and Parking Enforcement. They are discussing ways to tackle the parking issues around School drop off and collections and will set a date to share their proposal with the Parent Council Chair and myself. They visited the school on Wednesday and will continue to visit to help reduce congestion. We shall share with you when we know more.
- Diary Date: Walk to School week is on Tuesday 19 – Friday 22 May (the Monday is a holiday). Let’s aim high for 100% of children and adults walking that week.
- Lucas Gray in P7C won the Under-11 Boys competition at the Fiftieth RSL Lothian Xmas Junior Badminton Tournament. A great achievement Lucas, well done!
- Scottish Opera, funded by the Parent Council, have started work with the P6 classes. It was amazing to see the way they organise the children and have them all singing so quickly. I am really looking forward to seeing the finale, ‘Warriors’ to this on Wednesday 5 February at 2.15pm.
- P4’s have written some delightful poems using a sensory box as a stimulus. Do ask your children about them.
- P1D/2C, P2A and P2B parents and carers are invited to ‘Katie Morag, I love Struay’ at their annual Showcase Event on Thursday 6 February at 2.00pm, details to follow from class teachers.
I look forward to seeing you at Parent Consultations next week,
As always, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.