Dear Parents and Carers,
- ‘ Random acts of kindness’ is this month’s theme for collecting House Points. Pupils nominate others for points if they have received an act of kindness from them. Our Kindness Quilt is displayed in the Dining Hall and we invite all the children to share their stories of kindness around the quilt.
- Some of the children in P4C have shared their Rainforest Poems with me this morning, they really are amazing! Well done P4.
- The scaffolding is almost ready to move from rear of the School to the East Side. When this happens, the children who line up in the rear playground, enter the playground and the school from the opposite side by Door 5, next to the Basement Gym until the walkway is completed to allow them to come up their usual stairs.
- The City of Edinburgh are consulting parents and carers on the way composite classes are formed. Currently, the main criterion for selecting pupils for a composite class is by age. The oldest pupils from the younger year group are grouped with the younger children from the older year group. If you would like to share your views and offer suggestions, please complete the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/sccompc which is open until Sunday 26th January 2020.
- The HMIe team really enjoyed working with our staff and pupils. The Team do not share their findings until the writing and moderation process is complete. As soon as this information comes to me, I shall forward it to you.
- Please remember to book your Pupil, Parent, Teacher Consultation Meeting for either Tuesday 28 or Thursday 30 January 2020. If you have any problems booking, the Office Staff will be able to help.
I look forward to seeing you all on the 28 or 30 January.