Dear Parents and Carers,
- Welcome back everyone. I hope the New Year has started well for you.
- January’s right of the month is Article 14: ‘You have the right to choose your own religion and beliefs. Parents and carers should help you decide what is right and wrong and what is best for you.’ This links with World Religion Day on the 19th January and the teachers will discuss this with their classes.
- Parent, pupil, teacher consultations are on Tuesday 28 January and Thursday 30 January 2020 between 4 and 7pm. An email will be sent from our School Administrator inviting you to book on the online booking system.
- The children are invited to enter the ‘Show Racism the Red Card’ creative competition by January 27th and their teachers will talk to them about this.
- The builders have completed more ceiling work over the holidays, which just leaves some of the ground floor classrooms and Dining Hall to do. The Dining Hall has been painted, along with the entrances to the school from Doors 1, 4 and 5. The girls and boys’ toilets will be refreshed in the February break, now their ceilings are completed. We are on target to have all the windows completed before the Easter Holidays. There is still some electrical work to be completed in the swimming pool. I shall update you as information comes to me.
- We have new staff starting this week. Mr Reuben Barry will replace Mr Simon Tiplady and will teach the children during the teachers’ non class contact time and P7A on a Monday. Thank you to Mr Tiplady for being a very helpful supply teacher.
- Miss Lian McLeod and Miss Laura Cadosh are Pupil Support Assistants who are going to work with individual pupils. Mr Adam Craddock and Miss Kirsty Taylor will also be joining our team following retirements last term.
- Edinburgh Active Schools offer a range of sporting programmes at lunchtimes. If you are interested in any of the after school activities, further information is available at https://www.joininedinburgh.org/sports/sports-development/ or contact Jack.Beesley@ea.edin.sch.uk. In addition, an online booking system is available to book clubs during the school day. Two separate emails will go out to you with all the details of each.
- We welcome our School Inspectors on Monday and hope they enjoy their visit to our beautiful School and Community.
If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.