Dear Parents and Carers,
- Our Winter Fair is this Friday 29th November– do come along if you can. It is always a great event!
- Sharing the learning: P4 had a wonderful afternoon sharing all their knowledge and skills on Mary Queen of Scots this afternoon. Feedback from families and friends has all been very positive. Well done everyone in P4!
- First Aid Training from Tiny Medics: The children in P5-P7 made the Evening News last Friday, if you missed it, you may find it athttps://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/cpr-and-administering-epipen-among-vital-first-aid-skills-taught-brunstsfield-primary-pupils-1319272 The whole community could potentially benefit from the children’s knowledge, skills and confidence in delivering first aid. Thank you to the Parent Council for supporting this.
- Lothian Junior Chess Competition: The Bruntsfield P6/7 Chess Team, Lachlan R in P6, Gregory, Eddie and Lachlan C in P7, were the best performing team whose average rating, before the competition, was under 250. The ‘P5 and Younger’ Chess Team, Ravi, Dannier, Mukunth and Luke won the best new comers award. If you would like to find out more, information is available at www.ljc.org.uk
- Allergies: we have children with nut and peanut allergies in school. Please help us help them by avoiding snacks at break and lunch time with nuts and peanuts in them. Thank you.
- If you would like to share your views on the Scottish Government’s consultation on Out of School care, the link is open for two more weeks at https://consult.gov.scot/children-and-families/out-of-school-care/
If there is anything at all I can do to help, please let me know.
I look forward to seeing you on Friday night, 6.30pm at our Winter Fair.