Dear Parents and Carers,
Sharing the learning:
- What great art work is going on display around all the school! The Autumn has inspired some lovely paintings of leaves by P6C. Thank you to the children who donated theirs for the Meeting Room.
- P7C are currently working on art work showing Global Goals, they will go on display in the Stage Hall. P7B have designed amazing book covers and P7A have been designing art work for Winter Windows.
- Some of the P1 and P2 pupils have shared their writing with me. Fabulous behaviour in the classes I have been in this week, the children really are doing well!
- Preparations are in place for the P4s to share their learning on their topic, Mary Queen of Scots, with their parents and carers on Thursday 28 November. P4 parents and carers are all invited.
- The kitchen staff are continuing to use tumblers at lunchtime for water and milk in place of cartons, little did we know this would be a full time job filling and washing them! The fruit in the reusable dishes look good and taste even better.
- Competition winners: Lev Jac in P7 is one of the winners, out of 250 entries, of the Winter Windows Competition. We look forward to seeing Lev Jac’s art work displayed in West Parliament Square, High Street. It is on show on our School Twitter account.
- Green Pencil Award: Magnus in P5A has been selected as a finalist in this year’s Green Pencil Award for his story, entitled ‘Fox’s Point of View’. All finalists are invited to the Award Ceremony on the 28th November. Well done to all who entered.
- Emails: very occasionally an email is missed. Please do contact us if you have not received a reply within the week. Whenever possible, we shall aim to return them the same day, but this is not always possible.
- Fund Raising: This month, the pupil Council have chosen Children in Need. If you wish, dress down on Friday and donate £1 via the class teachers and the children will add it up and send it away.
- Each class will focus on an area of interest with their classes for Book Week. Do share your favourite book with family and friends!
We are all here to help, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.