Dear Parents and Carers,
- November’s Building Resilience Theme is ‘Keep Connected’ and will be launched at Assembly on Friday then followed up in classes over the next few weeks.
- 2019 marks the 30th anniversary of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and World Children’s Day is on the 20th We are celebrating both at Assembly on the 15th of November. Our Rights Respecters have asked each class to create a set of bunting with the number of, or a picture of, an article from the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and what this means to them. Everyone will be involved.
- Sharing the Learning: P5 pupils shared their learning on The Vikings with parents and carers today and had a great time. Bracelet making activities, animations and story-telling looked a lot of fun.
- Thank you everyone for the Hallowe’en Party, the children have talked very positively about it.
- Photos: individual and family photos are on Wednesday 6 November in the Basement Gym Hall.
- P7 pupils are organising a fundraising book swap for their Scout Camp in July 2020 on the 16th November. Do join in if you wish, details have been emailed to all families.
- Parents asked about applying for free school meals. It is definitely worth doing as there are clothing vouchers, free morning milk as well as lunches and help from the School for excursions. If you are in P1 -P3, please apply if you meet the criteria, even though all P1-P3 pupils receive free school meals. P1-P7: anyone can apply at any time. We have application forms at our School Office or you can apply directly from the website. Further information is available at http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20183/food_and_clothing/392/free_school_meals_and_school_clothing_grants .
If the staff and I can help in any way, please let us know.