Dear Parents and Carers,
- Sharing the Learning: P3 Harvest Show was a cumulation of song and dance and great fun to be part of. Well done P3.
- French and German: all children in our Cluster will learn and use a ‘phrase of the week’ in French and German. They will be added to our website if you would like to join in.
- Staffing Update: Mrs Donna Balsillie Denny is seconded until June 2020 as Development Officer for Pupil Equity at Ferryhill Primary School. Recruitment is in place for her replacement.
- Art Gallery: £1687 was raised by bidding on and buying the art on display at Parent Consultation Meetings. The event was fun and great to see the children’s excitement at being part of the Art Gallery on parents’ nights. Many thanks to Amanda Crawford for organising this, we all appreciate it. Amanda will package everything for collection this week and hopefully, it will run again in two years’ time! Amanda is hoping to deliver the art to you, or they will be able to be collected from the School Office, she will let you know. Details at https://www.jumblebee.co.uk/greenslate
- P7 Transition: Boroughmuir High School P7 Open Afternoon is on Friday 25th October from 1.30-3.30pm in the Assembly followed by guided tours of the school by S6 pupils between 2-3pm. After the tours there will be an opportunity to go back and visit departments or speak to staff before finishing at 3.30pm.
- If you would like to share your views on the City’s plans for early years, please do so at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/earlyyearsparentconsultation
- Edinburgh Music School is funded by the Scottish Government and is based at Flora Stevenson Primary School and Broughton High School. Applications are encouraged on behalf of children who display an above average ability when learning an instrument and/or show a heightened awareness and response to music. Closing date: Friday 10th January 2020. Further information and application forms are available at the Open Day on Saturday 2nd November, 11 am- 2pm at Broughton High School or at www.edinburghmusicschool.co.uk
- Diary Date: The Parent Council quiz is on Thursday 14 November at Akva. Tickets will be £10 and that includes a drink, tables will be set up for teams of eight. Details and tickets available from https://paypal.me/pools/c/8iSfN7jk8C
- Staff will be at Inservice Training at Boroughmuir High School on Monday 21 and Buckstone Primary School on Tuesday 22 October to continue working with cluster colleagues, this will also allow as much building work to take place as possible during the break.
Have a lovely October holiday and School opens to children on Wednesday 23 October 2019.